Octagon SX88 V2 - how to set up with Dreamboxedit?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 784 times. The last Post () by Hpavil.

• I'm a newbie and would be very grateful for some basic help. I have an Octagon SX88 V2 receiver with OpenVix6.4. I am trying to receive encrypted channels.

What I've done so far. I've downloaded a plugin to the SX88 called "OSCAM-pcsd-latest". With the help of the Dreamboxedit tutorial (by Master G 13 Oct 2010). I transferred files from the Octagon via ftp to Dreamboxedit. I created a small user bouquet. I then attempted to send the bouquet to the SX88 via ftp. I think it was sent.

My problem is that I cannot find any new files on the SX88. I really need help to (a) confirm that the files were properly sent (b) find the files on the SX88 and (c) to set up my receiver to use them.

I'd be very grateful for assistance.

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • I think I now need an OSCAM file. - an .ipk file or a .deb file to transfer from my PC to the satellite receiver.

Could someone tell me what sort of file I need for the SX88 V2 and where I can find it?

Many thanks

• Have you installed the pscs version of oscam? Better to use the one one the image's plugin server. It will be built for your receiver and you won't have to worry about compatibility issues.

Menu, plugins, green (download), softcam

After that, do you have working config files? Transfer the configs to the correct location.

Then start oscam using your preferred method. They implemented the softcam script after people reported system lockups using softcam manager. So I would recommend the script control method.

• The plug in server offers two OSCAMs - OSCAM pcsd or OSCAM latest. Which should I install?

I do not have working configuration files. My problem is that I do not know which files I need for my SX88 V2 or where to find them. Can you help me find the right files for my receiver?

Many thanks for your help.

• Could I ask a moderator to change the title of this thread? I mistakenly thought that the issue was Dreamboxedit. It isn't. My problem is locating or creating an oscam config file to enable the use of OSCAM.

The thread ought to be: Octagon SX88 V2 - help please to find/create OSCAM config.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!