Error flash

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,367 times. The last Post () by PASTORE.

• Hello everyone. A friend of mine gave me a UHD Dreambox, telling me that he would throw it away because it was no longer available. It pretty much blocked the flash, and any image returns an error. If I try recovery, it responds with signature error. It only starts from SD card.

Is there a procedure for flash recovery?

Thank you

• you try whit diferent image?

Thanks

I try this

dreambox-rescue-image-dreamone-20211029

OpenATV

This is the error

Code
    Image 0: 667 Bytes = 0.65 kB = 0.00 MB
    Fatal: Target device '/dev/boot' is not writable
    Fatal: Failed to run kernel-image.postinst
  • is possible renter in rescue mode? you see on monotor IP adress ?

try this:

Yes, I can. But with the Rescue image I have signature error,and with a backup I tried,it tells me to reboot but gets stuck.I have this "ONE Rescue Loader #106"

Code
    Fatal: Target device '/dev/boot' is not writable
    Fatal: Failed to run kernel-image.postinst

Edited 2 times, last by macchese2 ().

• Yes, I can.

Bro, if you fill out the backup, remove the birds, as I showed in the screenshot. and when the image is clean, it is not recommended to upload something that may cause a problem.

I tried, but I still get the usual typing error. This appeared after my friend tried to install multiboot. But to restore the boot, are there any procedures?

Thank you

• Yes, I can.

Bro, if you fill out the backup, remove the birds, as I showed in the screenshot. and when the image is clean, it is not recommended to upload something that may cause a problem.

I tried, but I still get the usual typing error. This appeared after my friend tried to install multiboot. But to restore the boot, are there any procedures?

Thank you

Crap multiboot software... better to use OpenATV Multiboot GPT,

TS

• And it's possible now or... late?

• There is tools available to reformat fully the DreamTwo (and perhaps One) flash chip.

Did you tried to insert an SD Card in FAT32, named "DREAMFLASH", with an image named as the original ones published ? Like dreambox-image-dreamone.tar.xz ?

What it happens ? Does the box wake up and flash the image and erase the multiboot ? Try and let us know.

Another tip found, with again an SD Card,

Code
    Insert an SD-Card labled "DREAMBOOT" with first partition in FAT format.

When you plug this the u-boot should stop before reading the bootlogo.... then the crash doesn't occur.

Then you can boot to normal image with "run boot_from_flash", or with "run recovery_from_flash" to start recovery mode.

TS

• Crap multiboot software... better to use OpenATV Multiboot GPT,

it is after these images that the flash memory of dreamboxes one and two dies.. replacing flash memory helps, -your advice is complete crap to use open atv or any open image in dreambox receivers, and even more so multiloading from these commands.

• Crap multiboot software... better to use OpenATV Multiboot GPT,

it is after these images that the flash memory of dreamboxes one and two dies.. replacing flash memory helps, -your advice is complete crap to use open atv or any open image in dreambox receivers, and even more so multiloading from these commands.

No, it is the malfunction of the crap multiboot you LOVE, and so you have only crap results...

It's funny, as without it all works, and with it all fails... so conclude yourself, if you can use your brain... that's simple, like 1+1... adding that crap, then fail... without it, all OK... then what you add is CRAP.

Use instead a professional well coded plugin, the OpenATV Multiboot GPT, it works perfect and will not enter your privacy removing images it doesn't like, and will not brick your box because you use an image that the author of that plugin dislike... CRAP it is, and will continue to be. Only some people are blind and give the fault to other things, but all here we see they miss the competence.

TS

• Thanks to gutemine for all the work he does !

I find myself in the same situation with dreamboxone

"Fatal: Target device '/dev/dreambox-rootfs' is not writable"

with the serial connected (in recovery mode) I destroyed the GPT partition with the command

sgdisk -Z /dev/mmcblk0

I rebooted with the reboot command, I held down the power button to access the recovery menu, once the recovery started I started the online restoration, after a few minutes I restarted correctly.

Dreambox One 4K UHD 2160p H.265 Enigma2 Linux Android Dual Wifi DVB-S2X MIS Satellite Receiver.

Download DreamOne Dreambox One 4K UHD Android CoreELEC, DreamOS Firmware and Enigma2 Images. Team Support from DemoniSat - Dream-Elite - Gemini Project GP4 - Merlin Project - NewNigma2 - Peter Pan Neverland - OpenBh - OpenPLi Japhar - OpenATV - OpenVision - PurE2 - SatLodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!