EPG Confusion Help

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 625 times. The last Post () by spacebiscuit.

• Does anyone know how to setup EPG with the JediEPGMaker?

I'm a bit confused, having followed some tutorials is it required to manually assign an epg to every channel in your IPTV favourites. This is of course not practical and I can't believe that this would be expected, but from the UI of the plugin I can't see how to simply say for all IPTV use a particular EPG source :head banger:

Thanks in advance.

• Does anyone know how to setup EPG with the JediEPGMaker?

I'm a bit confused, having followed some tutorials is it required to manually assign an epg to every channel in your IPTV favourites. This is of course not practical and I can't believe that this would be expected, but from the UI of the plugin I can't see how to simply say for all IPTV use a particular EPG source :head banger:

Thanks in advance.

JediEPGMaker, do you mean not mean JediEPGXtream and yes if your iptv channels do not have epg_id then you need to assign them individually, have you tried EPGImporter after you have made bouquets with Jedimakerxtream or BouquetsmakerXtream.

That is Exactly the reason I use Iptveditor to edit not so good iptv providers playlists , So to be honest if you want it free use JediEPGXtream if not then you need to get better provider who has already assigned all epg_ids and also has epg. Or pay for an editor.

• If I call my provider's url in my browser:

xmltv.php?username=xxxl&password=xxx&next_days=7

I get data returned, although it times out, but at least I know the url works and returns something. In Jedi StreamMaker I used setting to use providers EPG.

Then I used JediEPG to assign a source to a single channel just to test.

Then I go into EPG importer, I go to sources, ensure my provider is checked, then yellow to import active sources - but 0 events are imported. If I go back one step and then try yellow again to manually import "No active epg sources found, nothing to do"

• If I look in etc/epgimport I have:

jex.sources.xml

jex.channels.xml

jex.sources has a line:

<source type="gen_xmltv" nocheck="1" channels="/etc/epgimport/jex.channels.xml">

If I check jex.channel.xml:

<channel id="bbc1.uk">1:0:1:2CC:3717:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a//example.m3u8</channel>

That is the channel which I asssigned in JediEPGMaker - but the url looks to be generic?

• Hi, why you are not using bouquet maker xtream (BMX) ? this is a faster and a simple to do....

• the assigned url is ok , but you are saying it is timing out even when trying to get epg via web browser, I would try newer plugin BouquetsMakerXtream , also you should only need add epg url in jedimakerxtream or BouquetsMakerXtream if your provider supplies that separate it should get epg_id's from your playlist url. And does you iptv work just wondering if you need vpn.

• Thanks for the helpful replies.

If I open the epg url in my browser, 9 times out of 10 it crashes "out of memory". If I set next_days=0 I have the best change of a successful request but it rarely completes.

I have only added the PEG url in JediMaker - well I didn't add it as it was auto-filled for me. I noticed that when Jedi Maker had run its update the sources and channel xml were added into /etc/epgimport which I guess are the new sources which I am assigning for the import.

If I open the channels xml created above the lines are as follows:

<channel id="eurosport1.uk">1:0:1:1cd3:c8fb:0:0:0:0:0:http%3a//example.m3u8</channel>

Note that example.m3u8 - is that correct?

Maybe I will try BMX then if that the recommendation?

• Jedimakerxtream and BouqetsMakerXtream are just that bouquetmakers so the download your playlist and make bouquets if epg_id's are in the playlist you will see the epg_id's in epg import files as you have noticed i,e, eurosport1.uk so they arepresent in your playlist.

So you problem is just epg not downloading you may need to talk to iptv provider

• Tried BMX, created a single bouquet, when into epg importer, I can see the BMX source which I selected. Tried the manual import and same as before 0 events imported.

So has to be the source.

yes you should contact your supplier

also not sure it it would help but if you have one of those playlists with loads of different countries you do not need if you ask them to add only the ones you need but I'm not sure if that would reduce epg.xml. I know it does with mine but as I mentioned I do not use supplier xml but use iptveditor.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!