help need to install ts pannel

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,827 times. The last Post () by Banny.

• move the file into /tmp/

press blue button on your remote
    goto 'file installer'
    choose install ipk
    if it doesnt restart automatically restart e2

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Hi,

thanks for replying i dont have temp but have var/volatile/temp hope this is correct
    and than blue button/dubk/file insatllerinstall ipk goes through loacting etc but comes with with error messages

I have tried to factory reset the image and than tried still no good...
    I think i may have to install and try on a different image...

The normal pli was good for me on dm500s so assume it will be ok for dm800se.. (the correct version of course)
    or do you recommend another

• there must be a tmp.not temp.Just go per ftp to your box and there is a tmp folder or not but there is a tmp if not folder then something like hand with indicator finger i dont remember!and open that tmp and put the ipk file there!

• yes they are th same, clicking on /tmp/ will move you into /var/volatile/temp

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Sorry I was out lastnight and reading the forum via my phone -

What I would do is
    Rename ts pannel ipk file to something easier to type e.g tsxx.ipk (where xx = version number)
    FTP the file to the /tmp/ or /var/volatile/temp (tmp is a symbolic link to the other, at least that is my assumption)
    using dreambox control centre/telnet login to your box and type the following -

OPKG install --force-overwrite /tmp/tsxx.ipk

If you still cant get it to work i will make a backup from my duo

BpGgW.jpg

• Hi

I gave up with the dreamboxuk image and tried using
    BlackHole-1-7-3-dm800se-ramiMAHER

This also gives problems.. I can see the tmp so no issues there..
    I cannot find file install button in the menu (must be blind) but when i use telnet method i get no OPKG foung...

I am doing this on the dm800se clone (sim2) and not a duo
    Banny if you could load your dreambox 2.12 image backup with ts pannel installed that would be great.. Thanks

• If your using blackhole then the command is not opkg but ipkg, let me know if you still want me to upload it :)

BpGgW.jpg

• For some reason, I thought you had a Duo although you never said which e2 receiver you have, and 2.1.2 was never released on the duo-

here is 2.1.2 with an earlier version of tspanel installed (you can upgrade it directly from itself)

Code
    http://linuxsat-support.com/dm800se-clone-sim-2-10-images/15762-sim2-ssl84b-dm800se_dreamboxuk-2-1-2-by_sat4fun-dm800se-sunray4-sr4.html#post58628

BpGgW.jpg

• That worked .. Thanks
    So if i go back to dreamboxuk image use same method but opkg instaed ..
    Is this upper case . I may try again later just for learning purposes...

One other question... can i use pli image from the pli site on my clone and flash bootloader after before reebooting.. I did this on my dm500s which was clone
    I know where all the buttons are on the menu...... Or are the iamges on the pli site for orignal boxes only

• Glad your sorted, ipkg is the newer version of the opkg command, if look at the error message you get which will tell you if you need to use the alternative command or use the force overwrite as above

You can use the pli images direct from their site with clones, and you shouldn't need to install a boot loader.

It will soon be second nature, trust me :)

Wasn't a backup, I remembered where I saw it :)

BpGgW.jpg

• haha, no the only thing you need to be aware of is that not all images come pre installed with a boot-loader, well they didn't... i don't think ive come across one that doesn't now.

Other than that. I think the 800 is actually easier to use than the 500s more add-ons and more support for them.

BpGgW.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!