Buyer advise needed

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 316 times. The last Post () by b4mbus.

• Hi to all!

I havent been into satellite for a couple of years now since keeping a dish on my house was forbidden.

However, my mother in Spain still uses her dreambox 800 which broke down unfortunately.

I want to buy a new box for her but havent follow the scene for over 5 years now and need some information and advise.

My demands are a dreambox with display, running on PLI image and recording .

If possible IPTV as well.

We are watching the Dutch channels on 23,5 and the German channels on Astra 19,2 with a dish with double head (A and B)

My choice is the dreambox 2 Ultra because my mother knows how the interface works.

My questions are:

1) Is the dreambox 2 a good choice if we want to run a PLI image?

2) Do i need an SD card to run/install the PLI image or can i run in in the flash? ( i don’t need multiboot)

3) How to install it on the SD card if so?

4) For recording, what kind of USB you recommend? Just usb 3? If i am right, I can’t build in a harddisk anymore?

5) Wil the box run stable with PLI? (Like it was on the dreambox 500/800?

6) What are the IPTV options? Do i need to put the channels in a list between the sat channels or is there an app where i add my mr3u line and subscription, password etc?

7) What softcam do i need to use to run the Dutch Canal Digitaal subscription smartcard?

8) Can i still download the apps, picons, setting list (Hans) within the PLI image?

Thank u in advance,

Patrick

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • DreamOne and DreamTwo are just perfect, the Two has a LCD display, which the One doesn't have.

You have the Combo version, Sat + Terrestrial, and naturally it works with all streaming/IPTV

so, definitely if you have the budget, that's the box to take... and OpenPLi is available for these 2 boxes ;o)

TS

Dreambox Two Ultra HD 2x DVB-S2X MIS Tuner 4K 2160p E2 Linux Dual Wifi H.265 HEVC

Download DreamTwo Dreambox Two 4K UHD Android CoreELEC, DreamOS Firmware and Enigma2 Images. Team Support from DemoniSat - Dream-Elite - Gemini Project GP4 - Merlin Project - NewNigma2 - Peter Pan Neverland - OpenBh - OpenPLi Japhar - OpenATV - OpenVision - PurE2 - SatLodge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!