image and satllite positioner

There are 71 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,080 times. The last Post () by car123.

• ay boday using a satllite p0sitioner with there image if si whitch image are u using and how is it running using the 1.2 menus

i have a satllite positioner east to west no problam its a new jack it stops at the satllite ok from east to west ok but it dose not stop at the satllites from west to east iv factory reset the positioner 4 time as well any idears

live long and prosper

• Official Post

iv been told that u can not use a 36 volt positioner with a linux box in 1.2 is this right its a soft wear problem i think its the reed switch to ben honest

oh course you can..... i have done so for years..... what is this 1.2 you talk of ?

• Official Post

Here is an example of how i have mine, obviously this will be different for everyone as it depends on how your vbox is setup

Also i doubt your issue is in anyway related to the setup.

you possibly have a reed switch issue probably caused by water ingress IMO.

tuners.jpg

• If it's out in the weather (of course it is) rain, etc. will get in. For the extendable tube there are accordion boots that help keep weather out and have drain holes in them.
    For the motor/gearbox you will see the motor on top of the gearbox and the bearbox cover has drain holes on the bottom.

As Jens showed. Each satellite will have a DISEqC position assignment in the setup menu.
    As you get that satellite manually positioned with the motor controller and peaked for the maximum signal.
    You will store that position in its respective memory assignment in the controller.
    Jens shows 36.0 E assigned to position 36. So when you get the dish positioned on that satellite. You then store that position in the controllers memory position 36 also.
    And so on and so on.

If you calculate the position display in counts displayed. And you find that for example there is 30 counts difference in 2 degree spaced satellites.
    Then you come up with 15 counts/degree of dish movement.
    The of course if you are looking for a satellite that is 4 degrees away from the one you are on. You calculate the current position + 60. And you should land pretty close to that satellites location.
    Depending on the geometry of the actuator mount on the dish. Lower elevations may give one ratio (15/deg.) and as the dish is moved more towards the sky you find it decreases to something lower or higher. That's where a notepad and pencil comes in handy to keep notes.

Another thing. If you have satellites stored in memory. And you "bump" the E-W buttons on the controller to peak more signals before storing their positions.
    You will find other previously stored satellites dislpay less signal. Because the actuator and sensor counts really don't stay synched.
    Good luck!

• do u no were u can buy ruber boots from if its near u have u got there email so i could buy one off then that sould help keep the rain out what resecer have u got have it conected to the v box or is the vbox run seprate from ur satllite box

live long and prosper

• do u no were u can buy ruber boots from if its near u have u got there email so i could buy one off then that sould help keep the rain out what resecer have u got have it conected to the v box or is the vbox run seprate from ur satllite box

Depends on your location. You stated that you have a 12" stroke actuator. I see several on eBay.
    You will need to know your tube diameters. The main tube and the extendable tube.

Perhaps if you could at least use a translator and post your questions, things would make much more sense.

I do not understand this:

"what resecer have u got have it conected to the v box or is the vbox run seprate from ur satllite box".

The vbox can be used stand alone. And controlled by the receiver.
    If you haven't read the user manual. You should. vbox, gbox......very similar.

If connected to the receiver like:
    Receiver coax out to lnb >> vbox coax in >> vbox coax out to lnb >> to lnb.

And the vbox has motor and sensor cables out to the linear actuator.
    As Jens screen shot demonstrates. If you tune to a channel on the receiver. And the channel is on satellite 36. And n the vbox you have that satellite position stored as position 36.
    The receiver will send a DISEqC signal over the coax to the vbox. "Go-To position 36".
    The vbox receives the go-to signal and operates the motor until the counter reaches the pre-stored position. And shuts the motor off.
    So in the receiver. For me. I store all channels in Bouquets named for the channels on a satellite. Lets say "99 W Galaxy 16".
    Each group of channels are stored in a Bouquet that represent the name of the satellite. From west to east, in order.

I do not have a vbox. But if they have a 'resynchronize satellite position' function.
    You set that up in the menu and have one satellite as the reference. Let's say the reference satellite is stored in memory slot 1.
    If the satellite was tuned perfect for memory slot 1. And the position counter shows.....1920.
    But later on you find that you have to manually move the actuator with the vbox to peak satellite signal on that satellite.
    And the highest signal is now......1930. You would peak the signal for the satellite at position 1.
    Then set the vbox to resynchronize positions. All satellite positions would be shifted the same amount in the vbox memory.

That is how my ASC-1 works anyhow.

• do u have covers to cover the electrics at the end of the motor arm

These questions are easily found with a Google search. Some manufacturers such as Venture and Von Weise have rubberized covers for their actuator motor/geartrains. So yes. Or making sure the actual motor is oriented up and the entire assembly has the actuator end link higher than the motor unit so any rain drains back and out of the motor cover drain holes.
    A lot of these things are common sense and with a little thought applied, will make sense to you also.
    Even accordion boots have weep holes in between the ribs of them. The user guide and common sense tell you that the holes should be positioned so that any moisture drains out the bottom of them.
    My motor/geartrain is serviced every so often. I clean and replace the grease in it. Replace motor brushes, lubricate the motor armature bearings.
    When reassembled, it gets a good degreasing of the motor and gearcase.
    Then a few coats of Flex Seal spray rubberized water seal.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!