Zero 4k and Enigma2 Questions

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 972 times. The last Post () by fabrypit.

• ** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Everyone has to start somewhere. So no problem you asking questions. But you are correct, always best to start a new thread rather than jumping on the end of another one. If you post your thread in the wrong section, the mods will usually move it to a more appropriate section.

I will start by giving you a very simple overview. Once you got everything setup. You need to ask more specific questions.

OK the VU zero 4k is a very capable box. Its quad core, its fast, you can find multiple images to use on it.

For simplicity you are probably best using openatv image first as everything just works. Your box will probably come with openatv on it.
    Other images can be a little bare bones to start with and require some knowledge to install everything you need to run certain plugins.

If you use openatv. I have a good setup guide here.
    OpenATV 7.* setup guide by KiddaC

Enigma2 boxes are like little computers, where you add in the plugins to do what you require.
    So for example you say you want to watch FTA channels easily.

I assume you have a satellite dish - if so it in the simplist form, scan the satellite to get your channels then you a presented with a list of channels to watch.
    In a more detailed form, you would use a Autobouquetmaker plugin. Configure it to your local area, do a scan. This will present the channels in a more structured order similar to the channel list you would find on a sky box. You would then use another plugin EPGIMPORT to download the epgs. And maybe another plugin to download the picons (channel icons)

The VU zero 4k has whats called chromium2 plugin. This is an open source chromium web browser. If you have accounts you can also use it for youtube, netflix, dazn etc. As a browser though its not the easiest to use. Most people don't really use web browsers on these boxes.

As for all the other channels you want, whether dodgy channels, or kids channels, cartoons, most people would use iptv for these. Again separate plugins will be required to view these.

Once everything is setup, plugins installed, channels scanned, the viewing channels is very easy. Also there are multiple skins for these boxes. So if you want a sky theme, virgin media theme, dark theme, etc etc. There are hundreds of skins available to entertain your needs.

Enigma2 is quite overwhelming at first, because its not necessarily a plug and play box. You set it up for your needs instead.
    But there are plenty of old dogs on here that will help you in your quest.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• wow, I just can't thank you enough for this

much, much appreciated

time to do some homework now, I will then probably have a bunch of specific questions to ask

maybe the only thing I forgot to point out is that I'm totally ignorant to this scene indeed, however am rather tech savvy. I always set up dishes and decoders by myself, no problem in that regard or searching for channels

The reason I asked I wanted it as simple as possible for now is that when I said I watch "a bunch" of channels, I literally meant a bunch

we're talking about 20-25 channels divided between 13e and 19.2e (4 of which need a tivusat card). For this I will have to use a monoblock (Inverto)

• Have Zero 4k and have image from here RE: VU+ Zero 4K OpenATV 7.4 full backup ciefp

First problem

Before a week or 10 days i can't execute any entries feed from youtube(get the same error message

There was an error in exact video url:

Bad Request

Video id ...............

)

Second problem

Install chromium and i get this error mesage

1 plugin is not aveilable.

- Extensions/Chromium

bad magic number in Plagins Extensions/Chromium':b '\xcb

'

Keep warning

Clear warning

Any suggest for these two problems ?

Thanks in advance,

VU+ Zero 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!