Help request for Favourite TV Channels Set up

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 462 times. The last Post () by pebbleridge.

• Hi Guys,

I'm probably being very dumb (nothing new actually) but I can't figure out how to Create and Keep an EPG full of my favourite Channels

I've used Auto Bouquets Maker to make 4 Bouquets.. Terrestrial, Sky FTA, Freesat and Favourites.

The first three work exactly as I expected, but unsurprisingly the Favourites EPG is empty.

How do I pick my Favourites from the 3 other EPGs and get then into the Favourites EPG in the order I would like. :thinking face:

Please be gentle with me. :dizzy face:

Regards,

Paul

Back to the Fold with a Zgemma H.2h Combo HD Receiver running OpenAtv 7.3

• Go to Best Answer
    • Official Post

EPG is your channel info of what is on TV ....Electronic Programme Guide. Basically a tvguide in electronic form.

Bouquets are a collection of channels in a folder, or sub folder/s.

So with that in mind, what exactly is the issue ? What is missing ? EPG data or channels or something else ?

• Best Answer

You have to manually add the channels to the favourites bouquet either by uisng your remote control, or Openwebif, or dreambox edit. You should say the make of box and the image you are uisng but here is a starter using remote.

go to bbc1 and use up aroow and a list of chanels will appear with the cursor on bbc1 press menu and a menu appears, see no 7, add etc press ok then a list of bouquets pops up select favourites and press ok = added, repeat at will.

• As someone that been around these boxes a long time.
    I rarely, like never, edit the favourites list.

To me favourites is not favourites. Its basically a bouquet (folder) of all your scans. Although it is in reality a favourites. It just has multiple uses.

If you also are using any iptv bouquet creators, things can also get a little messy.

You have used AutoBouquetMaker to do your scan. So they will be listed in here.

Also in ABM, you can hide sections. like kids, religion etc. To get rid of a lot of the noise. If you have already done a scan. Hide things you dont want in AMB and rescan.

If you have done a manual or auto scan of satellite. They will also be in here under "last scanned".

If you really want to experiment - and do it all via your box.

Enter channel select - Up or down button.

Press blue button - favourites

press menu - Add bouquet

Create a new bouquet. i.e Test

Then as cliahew as described above

Scroll through your channels. Any you want to add to your new bouquet, Press menu. Add service to bouquet. Click OK on your new bouquet.

All your favourite channels will now be in your new bouquet.
    Other people tend to delete and move stuff around in bouquets. This isn't a great idea as soon as a scan runs or an iptv bouquet maker plugin runs, then everything gets reset.

So creating your own bouquet and copying channels into there is a better option.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• go to bbc1 and use up aroow and a list of chanels will appear with the cursor on bbc1 press menu and a menu appears, see no 7, add etc press ok then a list of bouquets pops up select favourites and press ok = added, repeat at will.

Thanks for your advice, using the manual method I now have a concise "Favourites" bouquet which has my favourite channels from Freeview, Freesat and Sky free to air channels. Wicked :smiling face:

Back to the Fold with a Zgemma H.2h Combo HD Receiver running OpenAtv 7.3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!