My Channel Master 1.2m System Fully Installed

There are 62 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,994 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• The 1224 was designed to drive the channel master dishes. 10 years ago they wasnt around anymore as they stopped making them around 15 years ago. The superjack actuator was the next best thing that would drive a larger dish. The superjack actuator would not go as far [east or west] as the 1224 does giving it a better advantage. I was lucky to find mine brand new in its box a few weeks ago. It cost me a small fortune but its well worth it. I totally trust this motor as now my dish has finally found its lifetime partner...the 1224 :)

SSS who sold them, probably were you got the superjack will also tell you that the 1224 was the only motor they would trust on a cm 1.2. I know this because Dave from SSS told me a couple of weeks ago.

< VU+ Ultimo 4K - OpenBH v5.3 - Primesat PR1200 V-Box - CM 1.2M Dish - Jaeger SMR 1224 Motor - Inverto Twin C120 LNB - Raven Feedhorn >

• thanks for the reply, i do miss my channel master, i dont miss my superjack actuators,i think if i remember correctly went though 2 or 3 with electrical reed switch problems ,a channel master will last 20 years,I gave up and i downsized to a metal dish and h to h disecq which will last 5 to 10 years if im lucky and we dont have any very windy days

• Official Post

The 1.2CM can be bolted to some normal usuals type motors if you have the right mount.

Rams can be serviced as well, but agree the reed switches seem to be the rams weak point. (hope i haven't jinxed mine now )

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!