My Channel Master 1.2m System Fully Installed

There are 62 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,968 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• Hey guys, i decided to get back into the Satellite scene after a while and wanted to share my install which i completed today. Just took me a day alone getting the positions into my V-Box using an Alsat GBox but run into issues, finally realised it was the Alsat at fault so switched it out with a Moteck i just managed to buy and all went well in the end.

Currently tracking 53E - 30W, some positions are duff around the arc so i have stored 31 positions.

So my gear is as follows:

VU+ Ultimo 4K [1TB]

Moteck V-Box [99 Memories] [Updated to Primesat PR1200]

Jaeger SMR 1224 36v Motor [Brand new]

Channel Master 1.2m Dish

Inverto Twin c120 LNB

Raven Feedhorn

3m 76mm Pole Galvanised & Triple Powder Coated

X2 450mm Standoff Wallmounts Galvanised & Triple Powder Coated

OpenBH v5.3.016

Ive never installed a system before so I purchased the scaffold to install the dish, i managed to get it on 0.8w and round to 39e but then had problems trying to track the arc properly so bowed out and called in someone to do it due to back problems and patience issues :D

I took some pics along the way so i hope you like them.

• BanjoXo71

Changed the title of the thread from “My CM 1.2 System Fully Installed” to “My Channel Master 1.2m System Fully Installed”.
  • awesome set up, where did you buy your Jaeger SMR 1224 36v Motor from please? looks awesome

• It was satsuk but a different member, he has another one for sale but he has just reconditioned it ready for sale. Thinking of buying it as a spare. I can let him know if you are interested in it!

< VU+ Ultimo 4K - OpenBH v5.3 - Primesat PR1200 V-Box - CM 1.2M Dish - Jaeger SMR 1224 Motor - Inverto Twin C120 LNB - Raven Feedhorn >

• It was satsuk but a different member, he has another one for sale but he has just reconditioned it ready for sale. Thinking of buying it as a spare.

It was satsuk but a different member, he has another one for sale but he has just reconditioned it ready for sale. Thinking of buying it as a spare. I can let him know if you are interested in it!

did you install it yourself ? can you please take a picture up close of your motor angles please and post here thanks

Edited once, last by Mav24 ().

• I put it all up myself and part aligned it but got somebody else to finish getting tracking on the arc. Ive took the scaffold down now so i cant take pictures, Besides my angles will be different to yours. I put my el angle at around 37.8 if that helps. Declination...i used a meter to peak the signal on 0.8w.

< VU+ Ultimo 4K - OpenBH v5.3 - Primesat PR1200 V-Box - CM 1.2M Dish - Jaeger SMR 1224 Motor - Inverto Twin C120 LNB - Raven Feedhorn >

• I put it all up myself and part aligned it but got somebody else to finish getting tracking on the arc. Ive took the scaffold down now so i cant take pictures, Besides my angles will be different to yours. I put my el angle at around 37.8 if that helps. Declination...i used a meter to peak the signal on 0.8w.

ok thanks, shame you dont have a close up picture, are you not able to climb the ladders to take pictures?

to me it looks like 0.8w is on the right side of your motor correct?

looking at the back of your dish it looks like its on the right side not the left, please confirm?

I put it all up myself and part aligned it but got somebody else to finish getting tracking on the arc. Ive took the scaffold down now so i cant take pictures, Besides my angles will be different to yours. I put my el angle at around 37.8 if that helps. Declination...i used a meter to peak the signal on 0.8w.

can you remember what number your motor is pointing to ? as there isn't a 0.8 on the motor what's the closest number its at??

Edited 3 times, last by jenseneverest: Merged a post created by Mav24 into this post. ().

• Official Post

Mav24

If you are going to have a go at installing yourself, read this thread:

The motors are very similar, the same principles apply to all installs anyways. What works for one person will not be exactly the same for another.

Take you time and read that thread in its entirety, despite several members spending a lot of there time, explaining everything in great detail the OP became abusive and was banned, however everything you need to know is there.

• Same hear u got the movies open 28 east

No, i tried yesterday, i thought UK was working,i emailed the provider but their reply said only sly uk works in asia?? Maybe they was referring to the gt media boxes? so unsure. As for vix i used that image on my sat box years ago but could never get my vpn working so i moved over to blackhole for a while then onto openbh and the rest is history.

• Ive got some strange behaviour with my moteck v-box. I cannot power it off either by the remote or the front panel. The 2 coax cables that go to the tuner, 1 from v-box to reciever and 1 directly from the lnb are just plugged into the back of the recievers tuner at LNB "IN" both outputs are the same correct? Now... if i unplug the coax from vbox to reciever, i can now power off the vbox via remote or front panel, once its plugged back in i cannot?

Now... if i swap around the coax cables on the back of the reciever, again i can power off the vbox as normal via remote or front panel but having it this way....when i change channel on my reciever to a differnt satellite the vbox wont move the dish?

I never had any issues on my previous install, am i missing something here? or is something broke?

Cheers.

• What u got open I have 39 east to 30 west open not as much as we used to get a lot shut down nowerdays days do u bother with keys

I started checking today what i can get, currently at 1 west making my way around. I have noticed some have gone dark but my line allows me to open others which i couldnt before. I mainly spend my time at 19e and 1w. I do update my keys regular with levi45 addon.

• That is strange one I have the same sort a vbox 4 wire cable from my motor to vbox cable to my ultimo same set up as u but 1 meter dish with jack

We’re is the levi45 add on I been looking for it

Have u got the vbox instructions with trouble shooting menu

My v box is a primsatpr 1200

live long and prosper

Edited once, last by jenseneverest: Merged 3 posts created by car123 into this post. ().

• Mine is a moteck which is exactly the same, I actually bought a new primesat 1200 remote from SSS the other day hoping it would work with the moteck and it did :)

As for my issue, the electrical block was replaced in my 1224 motor see pics, it was replaced with a new one and it was questioned whether it was the right ampage. Im not a sparky so i would need some clarification on this. I have attached pics of the old and new terminals but it could be something else.

Levi Multicam Manager can be found

Here

• Is it ur ac power from ur plug at the mains dose the v box switch it’s self off by any chance

Not that i have noticed, i was just reading the manual and found something, see pic. Like i mentioned earlier, if i switch around the cables at the back of the reciever [Tuner LNB inputs] i can power it off as normal but leaving it this way wont move my dish on channel change.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!