Using a viaccess card

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 302 times. The last Post () by toysoft.

• Hi,

I have purchased a card to watch encrypted channels on my UV+DUO2 reciever. It is viacces-orca. Do l need to purchase a separate cam to be able to use the card. I have the latest Vix image installed.

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

• The VU+ DUO2 receiver has two card readers. The lower one is an Xcrypt, which is compatible with all card systems. You should be able to use your Viaccess-Orca card with this receiver without needing a separate CAM.

However, you may need to configure your receiver to work with the card. One way to do this is by using Oscam, a card server software. You might need to install Oscam ymod v18 (vix) and configure it to read your Viaccess-Orca card. Please note that you might need additional configuration files for Oscam.

:head banger: This will always help...

• Hi,

I have purchased a card to watch encrypted channels on my UV+DUO2 reciever. It is viacces-orca. Do l need to purchase a separate cam to be able to use the card. I have the latest Vix image installed.

Many Thanks in advance for your help.

Which operator is it ? As this is the most important to know...

TS

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!