VPN RUTER

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 956 times. The last Post () by benhur.

• hey, I'm new to this forum :) I'm looking for a VPN that provides a port to the Asus router

DSL-AX82U I am interested in a VPN that meets my expectations, nordvpn and airvpn are out of the question. nordvpn lipa does not provide airvpn ports, maybe so, but only to the computer via openvpi, which does not save me, I am looking for a VPN that provides IP to the router, but must share ports, any suggestions, does anyone know anything? about that

Edited once, last by bialy123 ().

• but what do you think about nordvpn because I don't understand how he writes clearly on this forum that nord vpn does not share ports so it is useless I can delete it because it is not suitable for anything

• I am writing to the very advanced users of this forum for advice on VPN. Is there any VPN that will allow you to share ports in the router, not on the computer, on the router?

• If you need a VPN router, you can buy products from GL.iNET, e.g. the GL-MT300N-V2 (Mango) supports NordVpn and other paid Vpn providers.

GL.iNet setup with NordVPN
    This tutorial is designed to help you set up your GL.iNet with a VPN. We will explain how to connect the GL.iNet router to NordVPN using the OpenVPN protocol.…
    support.nordvpn.com
  • I would think you setup port forwarding on your router at the same time you installed your chosen vpn provider into your router. I think most new Asus routers that aren`t basic ones will allow your vpn to be setup in the router. You can then setup which country you want to connect up to each device. Some multiple countries. I believe some Asus routers like Tuf Gaming AX5400 you can install either the Openvpn or firewire protocol into the router. This was around from 2022 about. For instance I believe modern routers from Asus will do much more. I haven`t done port forwarding for 15 years so can`t comment much but I thought you used to setup port forwarding and the vpn reacted through your port as its all installed in the router.

Try a free vpn provider first like Proton and set it up in your router. If it works you can always go for its premium product with more countries avaiable.

I am sorry I cannot help more as don`t know much about current equipment.

• listen, air VPN is not the right one for my device, if the device boots it will only be on the computer and not on the router. I need the IP address on the router, not on my computer. Does this mean I want to have an IP address in front of my computer? Basically I have Nord VPN which works on dsl ax82u router but it doesn't allow router port forwarding. VPN is useless for me, I'm asking if anyone from "enigma" knows anything about it

Edited 2 times, last by bialy123 ().

• A question for the magicians from 'Enigma'. Does anyone from the advanced world use a VPN on Router and does port forwarding work? What VPN is he using? what equipment does he use? I thought this was a forum for advanced users

Edited once, last by bialy123 ().

• Why don`t you go to Asus website there it explains about setting up port forwarding and installing a vpn on your router as long as yours is compatible. All the more expensive Asus routers were when I looked a couple of years ago. Just put your model number in search at ASUS UK.

When I looked into compatibility of installing a vpn from the vpn provider on my router some services data was a couple of years out of date only listing some old routers as being able to install a vpn on the router. Go by the router manufacturers data, install per them and experiment. Cheap routers when I looked some years ago cannot have vpn`s installed on them.

Look at the Asus router from my previous post and go to Asus site. Try Proton free if your router is compatible. I cannot see a router not being able to forward ports if they can enable port forwarding and installing a vpn on the router. Some routers will not let you install Wireguard only the Openvpn protocol on the router but you can sometimes update the firmware from the routers manufacturer to enable this.

I am afraid it is not straight forward and at some point you just have to take the plunge and buy a new router if yours won`t do the job.

• listen, I already have an Asus Ax82 dsl router - it uses VPN (Nord VPN), but there is a problem, it doesn't forward ports, so what I'm more interested in is a VPN that will forward ports because Nord VPN does not provide such an option, I found another VPN called (airvpn) this one allows port forwarding via open vpi and it looks like it only gives vpn to the computer, which doesn't suit me, I want to have vpn in the router, my router has the option to do vpn on it, but I don't have a suitable vpn for this, so I'm asking if someone can help me what is on the original Asua website may help, it won't help me, it will redirect me to Nord VPN or other VPNs that do not allow port forwarding

• I think I understand. You want your variable IP address to act as a fixed ipaddress so your variable address is always updated to the same fixed ipaddress and this is done by the VPN provider as well as encrypting the data. But you still need to setup port forwarding on your router as your vpn provider wouldn`t be able to do it , I think for you.

Years ago there was a little free programme you installed on your computer and as your computer booted up it updated your fixed virtual ipaddress. This was free so you could share different things without giving out your real ipaddress.

The router I mentioned the Asus Tuf gaming AX5400 from memory will let you setup 4 different countries for your vpn service you just setup the ipaddress of which box you want to send wherever using Openvpn or 2 countries with wireguard. I think from memory you can do port forwarding as its I thought a basic requirement for gaming. I hope this has helped a bit. The Asus site had lots f info a couple of years ago.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!