Octagon SF8008 Remote Control 'OK' button fell off, is there a way to fix this?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 711 times. The last Post () by BLaZiNgSPEED.

• Hello,

In June 2023 I bought the Octagon SF8008 receiver. Unfortunately, after 9 months of use 2 days ago the OK button from my remote control completely fell off.

As you can see the button popped out. It works when I press it but it falls out with each press and if I press from the side the button gets stuck.

0stfh9z.jpg

Initially, I tried using adhesive glue. But the glue will not stick! I then tried to use the advice on the internet to use foil and cut it out in shape. But sadly, the foil will not stick with the rubber from the bottom. Even after hours of waiting it simply will not stick.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I bought this receiver from World of Satellite UK. Is there a special glue or way to stick it. The glue seems to peel off the remote control naturally and doesn't even leave a stain from the glue!

• Have you tried cleaning the button and the other surface with neat screen wash on a cloth as it leaves no residue and then reglueing. You could next try lightly roughing up the surfaces with an abrasive paper ( wet or Dry or Sand Paper ) Then reclean. Normally Superglue works well with rubber especially on a clean surface. Best of luck.

Screen wash is car windscreen wash.

Edited once, last by bodger2 ().

• There is a solution, it is not ideal but it can serve you since the OK button is the most necessary.

You can program a cheap programmable RC (only OK button) and then from that, program the top-left button (blue) of "SF RCU 04" as the OK button.

I already did that to see if it works and I had success.

You can do this for any other buttons you need.

Edited once, last by giorbak ().

• I have tried cleaning with 99% isopropyl alcohol both inside and the button. Of-course I did not dissemble the remote, this is too risky.

The problem is that the glue would simply not stick! It is ironic but even after trying to glue the foil with hot glue gun the glue will still naturally peel off from the bottom of the button without even damaging the button in any shape or form!

It is like a repelling magnet or an egg pouch in a pan that doesn't stick! It is remarkable.

I have identified the mechanism of this. These buttons are actually not glued together with the main board. I just spotted that around the circumference of the button there is a layer of rubber. It appears that the button was attached around this layer of rubber! So basically it floats in the air and makes contact when you press it like a trampoline.

But from pressing it many times the button got torn off from the entire edges of the rubber and that's the reason why this is impossible to fix!

I have a 12 year old Technomate TM5402 receiver and the remote control till date still works perfectly and has never done that! The technomate remote is simply of superior quality.

I have sent a Support Ticket to World of Satellite UK including this picture and my pdf email invoice receipt to see if they can help.

• Sounds like a right load of plop that remote.

I have always used "one for all essense 2" programmable remote. Essense 4 has all the buttons but the silver buttons click too loud for me.
    The essense 2 has most buttons and is quiet to press. It doesn't have media buttons but I can drag out my original remote if I need to use them.
    You can pick them up off ebay for about £7

One For All Essence 2 URC 7120 Remote Control 9379952 R - Picture 1 of 1

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Well, I've got good news. Following my support ticket to World of Satellite I received my replacement remote control yesterday!

I had to go and collect it from the post office. For some reason the postman did not deliver it to my address. Exactly the same model remote SF RCU 04 that they sent out from their warehouse. Very surprised to receive it so quickly.

The new remote control is working perfect! I noticed that the buttons are a little more stiffer and tighter. This suggests that the rubber is perhaps more durable. There's a silver warranty sticker from the back of this remote, which my original did not come with.

The original one from the very beginning seemed like the buttons were looser than normal.

I found it a little strange that in their website it is out of stock and doesn't appear to have the SF RCU 04. They have only the SF8008 that shows as out of stock. But anyway, let's see and hope that this new one will last longer!

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!