Flash openpli-enigma2-8xstar on DM7020HD v2 (original)

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 535 times. The last Post () by toysoft.

• Sorry but i'm not understand well how to get the openpli-enigma2-8xstar on the DM7020HD v2.

I've try to download and install the image posted in this forum by toysoft but at the end the receiver not run the image.

With the OpenPli 12.3 custom build everything works well.

Now i'm back to newnigma2 (last update 2021) to continue to use the receiver until understand how to install the 8xstar.
    I should change sim ??

Any feedback will be appreciate.

Many thanks, B.R.

• Thanks for the answer.

Just try it, unfortunately it doesn't work :thinking face:

Every 3 min. boot goes in loop, image loaded but receiver not run the image.

• Thanks for the answer.

Just try it, unfortunately it doesn't work :thinking face:

Every 3 min. boot goes in loop, image loaded but receiver not run the image.

You probably done some modification in the image, that corrupted it...

Install the NFI and use as is, don't load skins or anything that can corrupt it... mine here works perfect,

TS

• Unfortunately I have to say that I didn't make any changes to the image.

I doubt the problem is the receiver though. I bought this DM7020HDv2 for a few euros, to do some tests and to expand the points to the stream in the home network.

The receiver has two BCM4505 tuners that work partialy, do not execute diseqc commands well and do not receive all frequencies correctly.

I have not investigated whether it is a power supply problem on the motherboard or whether the previous owner damaged them for example by connecting live sources to the tuners themselves.

Anyway, I decided to leave the 2021 newnigma2 and use the OpenPli 12.3 custom build, a truly excellent job was done, congratulations to the developer.

I did this due to the presence of GStreamer 1.22.6 which, however, despite having installed all the additional components, the media player cannot correctly read the streams coming from the master dreambox, but instead correctly decode an HDBITT multicast encoder present into the network (see picture below).

I'll get another receiver in a few weeks and then I'll be back here.

B.R.

Screenshot 2024-04-22 212037.png

Edited once, last by service1 ().

• Use Exteplayer3... works MUCH better. Try this one below that has it built-in, as well as iCam and Dash IPTV,

TS

DM7020HDv2 : OpenPLi 8.xStar 20240319 GSt 1.20.5

openpli-enigma2-8xstar-dm7020hdv2

OpenPLi Release by OpenPLi Team, March 19th, 2024

- Python 3.9.9

- GStreamer 1.20.5

- FFMpeg 5.1.2 and Exteplayer3, ServiceApp (Dash Support)

- EPGImport Built-in

- AC3+/DDP/EAC3 support

- Feeds online (For Wifi/DVB-T Dongles)

- DVB-T USB, Trial Tuner, from JAM (Hauppauge, A867, etc)

- Wifi Realtek, Ralink, Mediatek Supported

- IPTV Support with Built-in

1300 Free To Air FREE IPTV Channels from their broadcaster

100+ VoD Free To Air Public Domain Movies and more coming soon (Charlot, Keaton, etc)

DM7020HD :

Code
    http://openpli8xstar.japhar.net/OpenPLi8xstar/openpli-enigma2-8xstar-dm7020hdv2.nfi
  • I tried once again to install the OpenPLi 8.xStar 20240319 GSt 1.20.5 image, as per previous it writes to the memory but then doesn't start. I think the problem is on this decoder, so I would like to try it on another DM7020v2 with this image.

Meanwhile I tried Exteplayer3 updated to the latest version (also serviceapp updated to the latest version)

the video stream is perfect, but not the audio. With mpeg audio everything is fine, while with AAC sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

At the moment I have not changed the default settings.

HDBITT on the other hand works perfectly.
    (image OpenPli 12.3 custom build)

• Here it works fine on my DM7020HDv2 that I bought to test the image before it's publication to confirm it was ok,

TS

• Of course is not, is the image OpenPli 12.3 custom build, i've just change the bootlogo like your image.

Hardware data are same like your DM7020HDv2 ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!