Completely stumped - VPN Manager & SurfShark Manager

• I have a Zgemma H9S which was running Pure2 version 6.5. I have just updated this to 7.3. All is working fine, but I cannot get the VPN to work. I installed Pure2 before, many times, and had no problems with VPN setup, but nothing I try now works. I have tried installing SurfShark as my VPN using VPN Manager (it won't connect) and then SurfShark Manager (it won't connect). Both were downloaded off the Pure2 feeds.

My Zgemma H9S network settings are via LAN, DHCP is not being used, Name Server settings are 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1, 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4. The network is connected.

SurfShark Manager (V1.0.9) settings are:

Username & Password are from Surfshark "manual setup" (Open VPN), not the username or password I use to log into SurfShark. So this is correct. My Surfshark account is still valid for until 2025.

OpenVPN Autostart: Yes or No, it makes zero difference in my ability to connect via VPN

IP Tables Activate: No

DNS: 1.1.1.1

Protocol: UDP

All of the country specific VPNs are listed. No matter which one I select, all I get is the wheel of death spinning for around 20 seconds, no connection and the "S" to the right of the country VPN remains red.

VPN Manager (V1.1.7) settings are:

All Config in one folder: Yes

Default DNS 1: 1.1.1.1

Open VPN Auto Start: (Yes or No, it makes no difference in being able to connect)

OpenVPN Resolv: Yes

Set Optional VPN DNS Server: No

Username & Password are the same as per Surfshark VPN. Very long alpha-numeric assigned under "Manual setup" (Open VPN)

All of the country specific VPNs are listed. No matter which one I select, all I get is the wheel of death spinning for around 20 seconds, no connection and the "PLANET/PADLOCK icon" to the right of the country VPN remains red. It doesn't turn green.

I have spent hours on this, I have read threads from Gorski and Dsayers, I have been through their instructions, step by step, many times. I have rebooted the box multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted again, many times.

If anyone can assist me in figuring this one out, I would be grateful. Fortunately I backed up my Pure2 v6.5 image, so if no joy, I will just go back to that. Thanks

PurE2 Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

PurE2 Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!