4K Ultra HD

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,325 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• I have a problem regarding iptv.

I had some stb boxes in the past. Both dreambox one and vu zero 4K.

Now I have bought dm900 and several of the 4K channels dont work. Its not 4K channels like fashion tv or nature. These work perfect.

But 4K channels by the providerlike for example -flying over Sweden 4K =dont work

UHD movies channel (rapid iptv) =dont work on dm900. it does not matter What image. Same issue.

But on dreambox one and vu zero 4K these 4K channels work.

I wonder do dm900 lacks videocodec or something like that? Its strange to me..

• Check the various links with VLC, to see if there is differences between them, also could be the definition/size of the video, you see all about codec and definition on VLC, then you can compare what works and what doesn't.

TS

• Check the various links with VLC, to see if there is differences between them, also could be the definition/size of the video, you see all about codec and definition on VLC, then you can compare what works and what doesn't.

TS

Okey. So I Will try the vlc plugin or on computer?

• Now I have bought dm900 and several of the 4K channels dont work.

MPEG-2/H.264 decoder (Full HD)

H.265 decoder (Ultra HD)

I would venture to assume from the manufacturer's stated characteristics that if the iptv provider gives a 4k channel in H.264, then the receiver does not recognize it, so there may be only the sound of the channel - there will be no video.and there should be 4k in H.265 .And in my opinion, it is the processor itself with such characteristics and codec or updated drivers that cannot solve the problem.

• Hi, but maybe you forget how to get the most out of a good decoder... you also need plugins that help add the right codeks, try installing the Service app: player management and once you have activated the boxes and save and the decoder works restart, then check if it gave you more info.

IMG_20240414_005436.jpg

IMG_20240414_005456.jpg

VuSolo_VuSOLO.PRO_VuZero_VuSOLO2 SE_DR.800sim japar ed 800SEsim a8p_Mutant 51_4k_GB.UE.4k_DM.920
  • Now I have bought dm900 and several of the 4K channels dont work.

MPEG-2/H.264 decoder (Full HD)

H.265 decoder (Ultra HD)

I would venture to assume from the manufacturer's stated characteristics that if the iptv provider gives a 4k channel in H.264, then the receiver does not recognize it, so there may be only the sound of the channel - there will be no video.and there should be 4k in H.265 .And in my opinion, it is the processor itself with such characteristics and codec or updated drivers that cannot solve the problem.

Yes But strange it worked well with both dream one and vu zero

• Yes But strange it worked well with both dream one and vu zero

:rolling on the floor laughing: so what do these receivers have to do with 900/920? completely different processors, dream 1/2 on amlogic , zero4k on BCM 72604 -see the specifications and you will understand everything

above in the message I gave you a hint why this situation is on 900.920, I will not say, but I think that on solo4k and uno 4k / uno4k SE it is the same as on dm9xx. because the processors are BCM 7251 and BCM7252

• Yes But strange it worked well with both dream one and vu zero

:rolling on the floor laughing: so what do these receivers have to do with 900/920? completely different processors, dream 1/2 on amlogic , zero4k on BCM 72604 -see the specifications and you will understand everything

above in the message I gave you a hint why this situation is on 900.920, I will not say, but I think that on solo4k and uno 4k / uno4k SE it is the same as on dm9xx. because the processors are BCM 7251 and BCM7252

Oh okey. Sorry But I thought only proccesor was for the speed of the receiver. As for computers, mobile phones etc. I always thought processor was for speed.

I thought it was a graphic card or something else that had to do with picture (4K, HD etc)

I feel like an idiot now. :upside down face:

• Oh okey. Sorry But I thought only proccesor was for the speed of the receiver. As for computers, mobile phones etc. I always thought processor was for speed.

find the video card in this photo that is responsible for the video signal,

Show me in the satellite tuner on the Bradcom where at least one of them has a video card?

:rolling on the floor laughing: :rolling on the floor laughing: :rolling on the floor laughing:

• Oh okey. Sorry But I thought only proccesor was for the speed of the receiver. As for computers, mobile phones etc. I always thought processor was for speed.

find the video card in this photo that is responsible for the video signal,

Show me in the satellite tuner on the Bradcom where at least one of them has a video card?

:rolling on the floor laughing: :rolling on the floor laughing: :rolling on the floor laughing:

To be fair I use a cabletvbox. But like hardware is not my thing, Im more of a software Guy.

I Will never open my dreambox or another iptv box either. Thats for a tech guy or factory to do :)

I can not point out a single thing. Maybe the motherboard or the firm

• To be fair I use a cabletvbox. But like hardware is not my thing, Im more of a software Guy.

I Will never open my dreambox or another iptv box either. Thats for a tech guy or factory to do :)

This is a motherboard from the DM900, there is no display module and a replaceable tuner. There I highlighted in red these two hdmi connectors input and output. The tracks show that they are connected directly from the CPU.And it's not hard to open the receiver, everything is done for you, you can watch the Internet on Johnny's forum.

Schematic drawings, Pcb images etc..
    DM900 UHD Schematic drawings, Pcb images etc..
    jb8a8f8.com
  • To be fair I use a cabletvbox. But like hardware is not my thing, Im more of a software Guy.

This is a motherboard from the DM900, there is no display module and a replaceable tuner. There I highlighted in red these two hdmi connectors input and output. The tracks show that they are connected directly from the CPU.And it's not hard to open the receiver, everything is done for you, you can watch the Internet on Johnny's forum.

https://jb8a8f8.com/support/in…awings-pcb-images-etc.48/

Thank you for showing me. So if dm900 had a quadcom CPU it could show me 4k

Channels from Nordic one and rapid tv (nxt)

But its not possible to fix this then? I only need to use another receiver with another processor.

• Official Post

But its not possible to fix this then? I only need to use another receiver with another processor.

All have limitations, i am yet to test (or hear of) any that dose not have an issue with at least some codecs.

It is a hardware / chipset limitation in most cases, like hecha71 said above. So the chipset itself is not capable of playing some codec's.

My next STB will be a micro pc.....mostly due to these issues (and 4.2.2 feed playback)

• Official Post

Okey, thats to bad. But its only some channels getting affected. Like 4-5 channels

Easiest option is to find another iptv provider with the correct codec..........there is millions of them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!