Hello! I'm new here, and in North America - Question Time!

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 239 times. The last Post () by ilikenwf.

• Apologies to the mods if this is the wrong place!

Just wanted to say hello as I have finally come back to this hobby since a couple decades away. I was last around when Nagra2 was still a thing here in North America.

I'm sure I will annoy plenty of you with questions, but look forward to the discourse.

Now, I'm playing with E2 boxes, Softcams, and FTA, and while I currently have a zgemma h7s, I think I may get a USB device at some point as well. I'm a Linux guy for 15-20 years now which makes the learning curve a lot lower for me.

As an aside, can anyone suggest a good way for me to get up to date on BISS and PowerVu? I'm aware of the need to get EMM keys from the stream but am otherwise not sure what tools exist to try and pull keys out of the stream afterward. I have a 1080TI and a 4070, which if anything exists, I would love to attempt to get working for key extraction.

Oh...and why would my $38 GTMedia sat finder be able to decrypt powervu channels on 127W while my fancy h7s, even with "current" softcam settings is not able to do but a few of the channels - am I doing something wrong?

I look forward to being here and talking to you all!

• ilikenwf

Changed the title of the thread from “Hello! I'm new here, and in North America - Any Suggestions?” to “Hello! I'm new here, and in North America - Question Time!”.
  • I should mention I got PowerVu decoding properly now...

The only issue I run into is that despite all things otherwise being equal, my v8 finder somehow finds ~150 channels, the h7s with the current build of openatv does not...while the finder gets all the channel names properly, in addition the h7s also does not...and I've also yet to figure out EPG.

Advice/hints welcome!

Forum USA LinuxSat

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!