Best dreambox to purchase

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 627 times. The last Post () by xyips32.

• Hi, my husband is looking to upgrade our old dreambox (17years old) and I am doing research trying to find the best available. I found the DM900 but my husband is asking questions about it and my answer is šŸ„“šŸ¤Æ so I have come to satellite forums for help and guidance because I am lost at the questions so lost for the answers!

Are the cards swappable in them, can you have up to 4 cards, a mix of satellite and cable?

• oktus

Approved the thread.
  • It looks at the dreambox 900 only has one card slot and one cam slot so not sure how you would go about having 4 x cards in it.

There is also a dreambox 2 but that seems possibly android based but seems very powerfull.

On the front, the DM900 RC20 UHD shines with a 3 inch LCD color display. A common interface and a smart card slot are hidden behind a front panel. Like the other Dreamboxes, the DM900 RC20 UHD is based on the Enigma2 operating system developed by Dream Multimedia.

On the back, the box offers numerous connection options. HDMI in, HDMI out, USB 3.0, network interface, SPDIF and a slot for 2.5 "hard drives.

Technical data:

Dual Core 12K DMIPS CPU

MPEG-2 / H.264 decoder

H.265 decoder UHD

3 inch alphanumeric color LCD Display

8 GB Flash (MMC)

2 GB RAM (main memory)

1 x Plug & Play tuner slot for dual or single DVB-S / S2X, dual DVB-C / T2 (H265), triple and FBC tuner

Internal 2.5 "hard disk option

Dreambox Linux OS Enigma2

program slots Unlimited

HbbTV Yes

PVR function Yes, prepared

On screen display language Multilingual

Pay TV connectivity SmartCard reader (CA)

1x Smartcard slot

1x Common Interface CI

SD card reader

3D-Ready

DiSEqC 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2 and USALS (rotor control)

Unicable capable

1x HDMI 2.0 out

1x HDMI 1.4a in

1x digital audio output S / PDIF

1x RJ 45 socket (LAN) 100 / 1000Mbits

USB 3.0

Edited 2 times, last by kegnkiwi ().

• Hi, my husband is looking to upgrade our old dreambox (17years old) and I am doing research trying to find the best available. I found the DM900 but my husband is asking questions about it and my answer is šŸ„“šŸ¤Æ so I have come to satellite forums for help and guidance because I am lost at the questions so lost for the answers!

Are the cards swappable in them, can you have up to 4 cards, a mix of satellite and cable?

Which box do you have ? Why not upgrade it to the lastest OpenPLi ?

Perhaps only the upgrade of the software would get your box at the highest level / functionnalities of today,

TS

• There dreambox is 17 years old think they are looking for an upgrade.

dm900 is ok , i use latest openatv and is perfect , and it's enough, it's on amazon for about 300e, you can see 4k programs, you can use ci+, and television cards, iptv all is ok , recomand

Edited once, last by jhon32 ().

• Hi, my husband is looking to upgrade our old dreambox (17years old) and I am doing research trying to find the best available. I found the DM900

Hi, yes, 17 years is a decent time... Of course, you need to update the dreambox if you used the dreams image.The reasons, in my opinion, are the simplest: on satellite receivers, the launch is very fast, and the images are already 2.5/2.6 times more perfect, and they are supported by software development teams.If you need a dreambox receiver, then, in my opinion, only dreambox one and dreambox two are promising. the satellite and cable models of the dreambox one, but with access cards, more precisely with the number of slots-here you will be disappointed.You can look at any makretplace where these receivers are sold and see for yourself and calculate how many of them there are.

According to my experience , DM900 is a Solid box , been using it for many years , I have a single quatro Lmb dish capable of receiving four sats .mainly Astra 19,2 , hotbird 13, Astra 23.5 and 28.2 in one position , u don't need a jack . slots are optional , all you need is DM 900 UHD , Vhannibal Quadri -satellite -settings or the like with a little experience on running enigma2 image that's all , you are good. :smiling face with sunglasses:

Participate now!

Donā€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!