OpenATV 7.4 beta1 with A.I-Powered translation language

There are 60 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,850 times. The last Post () by dmmtvdxb.

• the service still beta for now but once it is working stable of course we can request the developer to check the possibility to add for more devices.

A plugin will be definitely the best way to get it integrated to all images... it would be the smartest way I believe to get it spreading all around and not be obliged to do it image by image, and box by box... also remembering that it takes space and some people doesn't want it and some boxes are very limited in space...

TS

• My English is a little bad :). If there are subtitles on the channel we are watching, this application translates them into the language we want.

Did I get right?

• My English is a little bad :). If there are subtitles on the channel we are watching, this application translates them into the language we want.

Did I get right?

If channel have icon subtitle on infobar

Or when you press yellow button then right arrow and find channel have subtitle by dvp, teletext

Yes it will translated by the ai function

• the service still beta for now but once it is working stable of course we can request the developer to check the possibility to add for more devices.

A plugin will be definitely the best way to get it integrated to all images... it would be the smartest way I believe to get it spreading all around and not be obliged to do it image by image, and box by box... also remembering that it takes space and some people doesn't want it and some boxes are very limited in space...

T

Plugins are fantastic for extending functionality, but sometimes they can't fully address certain needs. seems there are changes that can't be implemented through a plugin, the developer might need to consider integrating them directly into the system. If you have any other suggestions or ideas for improvement, feel free to share them!
    thank you

T

Plugins are fantastic for extending functionality, but sometimes they can't fully address certain needs. seems there are changes that can't be implemented through a plugin, the developer might need to consider integrating them directly into the system. If you have any other suggestions or ideas for improvement, feel free to share them!
    thank you

I am not the only one thinking that way (I talked with image conceptors and this was also their opinion), and a paid service would be with difficulty added to free open images... (or could need revenue sharing)... so a plugin is definitely the way.

Anyway, just a point, everybody does how they think... but definitely I bet this will be the only way to get it spreading, otherwise it will die in it's corner.

TS

Did I get right?

If channel have icon subtitle on infobar

Or when you press yellow button then right arrow and find channel have subtitle by dvp, teletext

Yes it will translated by the ai function

thnx

TS

Is necessary to adapt the enigma2 code first an plugin with such code can not handle it like it work now

And also to share that option for can work on other images its not possible

Nobody want also share the patch for dream two and one

• If you want your plugin to be part of it and enigma2 to be patched, you need to release the patches... otherwise, you will never get your software spreading if you have to compile for each box yourself the code of enigma2.

About DreamOne/Two, this is a totally different story, if you ever want your patch working on these, you have to release your enigma2 patch code to be applied on opensources images, otherwise you will never have it on these boxes. These images are released freely with no fee or money requested (opposite to the AI Plugin), if you want something to be paid to spread you need to get it in the wild, something free lives by itself without needing anything else... That's very simple.

Anyway, no worries, I don't use and don't care about this functionnality, and I know that already Teams are looking into it to do their own version... that will definitely then kill any commercial possibility if you don't participate, as there will be other options, for free... your time to have your solution spreading is limited, if it's not everywhere it will fail and be replaced by an opensource one... be hurry, when they will build it, yours will be RIP.

TS

• nice idea, the developer is welcome to contact us so that his addon can also survive updates

From My point of view as distributor for enigma2 boxes in my region i would always appreciate any new feature for the boxes.
    as i understood from my conversation with the developer that it cannot be done as plugin as need extra modifications... and it has some expenses as well.
    in all cases i will forward your message to him as you are in developer team and request him to contact you and we hope there will be corporation for the benefit of all.

• There is a problem with AI translation, and channels with Chinese subtitles will become English. Please note that the settings in AI translation are in Chinese, which means I need to translate other languages into Chinese subtitles

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!