DM52xHD : OpenPLi 8.xStar 20240508 GSt 1.20.5

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,217 times. The last Post () by fady88.

• DM52xHD : OpenPLi 8.xStar 20240508 GSt 1.20.5

openpli-enigma2-8xstar-dm520-Japhar.root.tar.xz

OpenPLi Release by OpenPLi Team, May 8th, 2024

- Python 3.9.9

- GStreamer 1.20.5

- FFMpeg 5.1.2 and Exteplayer3, ServiceApp (Dash Support, iCam via StreamRelay)

- EPGImport Built-in

- AC3+/DDP/EAC3 support

- Feeds online (For Wifi/DVB-T Dongles)

- DVB-T USB, Trial Tuner, from JAM (Hauppauge, A867, etc)

- Wifi Realtek, Ralink, Mediatek Supported

- IPTV Support with Built-in

1300 Free To Air FREE IPTV Channels from their broadcaster

100+ VoD Free To Air Public Domain Movies and more coming soon (Charlot, Keaton, etc)

DM52xHD :

Code
    http://openpli8xstar.japhar.net/OpenPLi8xstar/openpli-enigma2-8xstar-dm520.rootfs.tar.xz
  • Code
    Fatal: Kernel image is too big
    Fatal: Failed to run kernel-image.postinst

DM520HD :-(

Nope, works fine, it's not DMM image so the "check fails"... reboot and you will see that all is working smoothly, I have it installed on my 3 x DM525HD Combo and 2 x DM520HD Sat... perfectly working. This warning concerns only DMM like image, and Open images are not DMM format/size.

TS

• Original or Clone ?

• This release is for original boxes,

But there is also (other link) a Japhar Version if you have a clone, so you can use on it a Japhar sim.

TS

• The image is fast while browsing menus and TV channels, but unfortunately it does not search for channels with DVB-S2, only DVB-S

No, works with DVB-S2 as well, I watch 0.8, 13, 19.2, 23.5 and 28.2 with it and DM525HD/DM520HD... as well as Terrestrial (T and T2).

So be sure you don't overwrite the satellites.xml files, etc... probably you load your own channelist, that is corrupted.

TS

• I don't know exactly where the error is, but my channel file and satellites.xml work well with DVB-S2 with DreamOS image, but not with OpenPLI and OpenATV image either.

Edited once, last by fady88 ().

• Problem is then in your side, your channel settings, or installation (wrong configurations etc)... as all this works smoothly on OpenATV, and OpenPLi, etc.

TS

• I always use the default settings and have not changed them.

In the attachments is the satellites.xml file I use, it works well with DreamOS image.

I have tried most of the open images, all of them do not search for DVB-S2 (7.0W).

The images that searches well for DVB-S2 (7.0W) are BlackHole from fairbird and PurE2-6.5.

• Copy from that image the satellites.xml file, I don't see any other reason as his images are open based (he uses their code from OpenPLi and OpenATV)

TS

What I mean is that the satellites.xml file that I used when I replaced it with the default file only works with BlackHole from fairbird and PurE2-6.5 image and searches for DVB-S2 channels without problems. I do not use the default satellites.xml file for any image.

• After searching and comparing the default satellites.xml file and my satellites.xml file.

I found that all the options in my file are in auto mode.

With DreamOS it can be handled well, but with OpenPLI and OpenATV can't handle it.

This line is from my file. Created through ts-sateditor plugin. All options are in auto mode and works well with DreamOS. But it doesn't work with OpenPLI and OpenATV.

Code
    <transponder frequency="12521000" symbol_rate="27500000" polarization="0" fec_inner="0" system="1" modulation="0" pilot="2" rolloff="3" />

This line is from the default Satellites.xml file and works well with OpenPLI, OpenATV, and DreamOS.

Code
    <transponder frequency="12521000" symbol_rate="27500000" polarization="0" fec_inner="2" system="1" modulation="2" />
  • I noticed something else. There is a frequency conflict problem with 7.0W. To solve this problem, i use a modified file "scan_tp_valid_check.py".

In DreamOS, I put the file in this path /etc/enigma2 and it solves this problem when searching...

With OpenPLI and OpenATV, they don't recognize the file at all

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!