DM800 Remote on VU+ DUO

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 488 times. The last Post () by toysoft.

• Hello experts

I am using same image OpenPLi 9 in my VU+ Duo. but my original remote was missplace. can i use dreambox dm800hd remote on it? or sky digital remote?

if yes then how? or any universal IR remote code for vu+ duo

• No, these will not be compatible, you need a Universal Remote Control and find the code to emulate the VU+ Remote Control,... but you can find it at 10 USD on ebay or aliexpress (If you mean the "TV" one of the Dreambox DM800HD, then you could try but need the 4 digits code... if the remote supports it as many were just "fake" Universal RC).

TS

• I got old VU+ duo in my country about 10USD without remote. but as i know these european models does not exist in my country. before that i have dm800hd but they have serious kind of tuner issue. tuner search signals in sat finder and lock them, but unable to store channels. try many many ways. with software and hardware. no hope.

i have auto programable universal remote in 3 USD which works almost all kind of TV sets. but not catch the VU+ duo pairing. and i don't know the exact code also.

• I got old VU+ duo in my country about 10USD without remote. but as i know these european models does not exist in my country. before that i have dm800hd but they have serious kind of tuner issue. tuner search signals in sat finder and lock them, but unable to store channels. try many many ways. with software and hardware. no hope.

i have auto programable universal remote in 3 USD which works almost all kind of TV sets. but not catch the VU+ duo pairing. and i don't know the exact code also.

Concerning the Tuner for DM800HD, there is fixes, you can check on Johnny's forum, jb8a8f8.com

Repair Glitches on Tuner DM800HD
    Found this on the inet a long time ago somewhere and were posted on 23 February 2011 by mydalle. It's old but could be useful to read when you have...
    jb8a8f8.com

and more there

TS

• My Dear Brother. I try all of these, with software support, driver support, Hardware support, board alteration, i try to remove bad sector from Nand flash via dreamup, i try maxvar versions. try all, i have two boards REV:M , REV:J two tuners 801A, 401A , 801A lock signal but cant store when start tunning. LNB connection voltage OK, without LNB connection Voltage also OK from tuner side. all cross jack was ok. i don't know where i miss the error. changing main small condensers . if someone tells me which components directly involve in channels data storege. i do change them completely. the second board has multimedia error issue. whenever i turn the box off and on. the sim detection faild. i resold complete jacket but same. when i turn the sim off and then pluged again. it works again.

• Check the PSU, are you sure it gives enough Amps ? It must be 3 Amp minimum...

Concerning the Tuner, if it not detected, it is related to the driver.

If it is detected but you have no signal, on the forum, there is a lot of tips on what to check. Also then if it still fails, it could be some part of the Tuner itself, you have all schemas on jb8a8f8 board.

TS

• The supply was ok. and DM detect tuner BSBE801A DVB-S2 .

when go to sat finder and ad TP. its shown signal and lock the TP.

but when go for searching. nothing found.DM instantlly said no channel found

• Do you use an old image ? satellites.xml could be "old", but you should receive/find something... it's a DM800HDpvr,... I would bet the tuner itself is defective or lost sensibility, there is a trick adding a capacitor. See jb8a8f8 topic.

TS

• Yes i do this , also change main small caps. what i want to tell you. when i got this there was a old software in it. and that time it was work and store channel. but that time many bad sectors in flash and box unable to upload and install more than 45mb image.

after clearing bad sectors via dreamup old version. i was able to install 60+mb firmwares.

but i lost channel storage. even when i install that old one again.

• Yes i do this , also change main small caps. what i want to tell you. when i got this there was a old software in it. and that time it was work and store channel. but that time many bad sectors in flash and box unable to upload and install more than 45mb image.

after clearing bad sectors via dreamup old version. i was able to install 60+mb firmwares.

but i lost channel storage. even when i install that old one again.

You talk about DM800HDpvr or VU+ Duo ?

TS

• DM800HD PVR

• DM800HD PVR

The DM800HDpvr always had issues with the Tuner board, there is few fixes (adding a capacitor/condensator often fixes it), you have all on jb8a8f8 forum from Johnny.

Concerning the Tuner, the drivers naturally should be the most recent possible, for the original no problem, for the clones the Ferrari had very old ones, and Sim2 as well. Japhar has the latest ones.

So it could be also due to the old drivers... but I would more bet on the Capacitor on the Tuner board.

This is why it's really better to try to use a recent image, generally OpenPLi are good, for original the 4.0 was available, then some teams built the others, v6 and v7. Up to you to check the sim card and find out which one you need, but definitely use the latest you can find.

TS

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!