Openpli and VPN

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 764 times. The last Post () by toysoft.

• Hi I tried to locate openvpn in list of available plugins through image...however could not see it in list... But when I texted via telnet grep openvpn it showed in list on my pc screen.... why?

Well I installed it as per attachment but could not see it anywhere in image....

In etc/openvpn folder there are two empty folders: client and server.....

Thanks.

• I am still trying...

This is what I have done up to now...

in /etc/openvpn/France/

I have copied two files: user.txt and .ovpn file from ipvanish... I chose one located in Paris for testing.... The user.txt file has two lines : first line username and second line password. I just wrote those ....NOT Username: username; Password: password

The downloaded file should be left as .ovpn or I have to change it to .conf?

In order to upload it I changed the file to .conf as .ovpn was not allowed....

Then I edited the line auth-user-pass to auth-user-pass /etc/openvpn/France/user.txt and rebooted but it is not working.

Is it an issue with folder location or maybe attributes...The files are set to 644.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

• This is the only tutorial, confirmed working, I don't use OpenVPN... but the member used it and published tutorial below

Code
    http://www.ourdreambox.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=22993&page=1

TS

• Managed to get it working...

The problem was due to the version of openvpn...so required deleting a line in .ovpn servers.

Did not manage to locate how to start and stop openvpn from the image though...

I have to use telnet to stop it.

Tutorial helped a lot especially including the log file in the configuration file.

• Well done,

Enjoy,

TS

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!