Cccam/mgcamd/newcs and so on

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,094 times. The last Post () by nice123.

• Hey peep
    i am trying to install my first server, i have a smargo card reader and i am waiting for an OMNIKEY CARDMAN 3121 card reader,
    i have Debian and ubuntu ,

but i can se on my dreambox that in the old ring i was in they war using this cam MgCamd 1.35a/NewCS 1.67 do i need that setup to do sharing ?

- i can tell i am living in denmark so if i understand right i can not use cccam alone but need a special setup, are there a setup you can recomand me for sharing danish card?

• you are aware of the cardsharing section because you started this thread from there... My advice would be to read up on it - A common place to start would be CCcam 2.1.3/Oscam combination - and if you download tspanel, you can log on to the linuxsat-support addons and download various pre prepared configs for various cards - not sure if your one is there - but it is a good place to start...

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• it look like a smart panel :) i will look for it :)
    Right now i am running linux ubuntu with auto script :) so that's look like the same you say :)

• sorry i missed that bit! try looking in this section -
    Linux PC Server Tutorials

The auto install scripts are a good place to start - I used the Debian CCcam/Oscam 2.1.3 script - then you can edit the Oscam configurations to suit your card and reader. It is all there - If you get stuck then you can ask more questions - I will try to read them properly next time!!!

What card is it you have? Have you forwarded the port on your router? - you will need to edit the Oscam.server file to suit your card and reader

• okay i gues it the same script i am useing for ubuntu ? (:
    - i have a viasat card denmark danish television operator ? if that's what you mean ?

i have forwarded all the port i have found to be open :)

- That's okay all can miss somthing :)

• so what have you done already with your configs to get the card working? Have you edited the reader entry in Oscam.server to suit your card and reader?

If you have already done this - might be an idea to post your configs here (editing out sensitive bits) so we can see if it is all ok.

• Run the debian script if you want to use debain the server.conf will be in usr/local/etc you need to establish what the correct configs are for your card,once you have done this you need to edit the existing configs usr/local/etc for your specific card then we need to install the drivers for your omnikey.Personally i would suggest that you wait for it to arrive then we can help you setup everything at the same time

• If you have the Ubuntu autoinstall script installed already and decide to stick with that, then read through this thread, where your questions have already been answered...
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…-installation-ubuntu.html
    it tells you the locations of files, has information on setting it up with omnikey etc - this is old ground mostly so you would be best sticking to the information already on here rather than regurgitating informaion already on the forum on another thread.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!