Wireless VU+duo

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,292 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• My son is looking at a VUduo but his problem is his internet connection is in another room and moving the connection would be to expensive. He has broadband fitted and typically gets a download speed of 6 to 7 mbytes As i understand he has the following options:

1. Run a direct wired link to his modem (would be a pain).
    2. Put an extension telephone line in.
    3. Use a home plug system
    4. Try a wireless connection

The wireless and phone plug systems are the ideal and easiest options. would they be OK?

Yorky1

• The forum rules are your first post should be an introduction, please post an introduction in the introductions section, before your question is answered.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• WiFi would not cause you any problems, home plugs, compatble dongle etc

however, I don't think a telephone line would be much help as you would need another modem/router if you planned to connect it directly to internet.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• tendra150 wifi bridge !£23 delivered from sponsor works a treat

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• i tried several wifi bridges and they didnt perform very well and i always got freezing/glitching

I got TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet and they are fantastic.

Rock solid performance and free super saver delivery from amazon

Recommended

direct link removed

• Thanks for all the opinions. I've got someone looking at re-locating the line into the correct room so the wireless ADSL modem can be plugged directly into the socket alongside the telly and the VU duo straight into the back of the modem.

Cheers

Yorky1

• I use 2x vonets wifi bridge in my mother’s house & find that they can freeze and they are a bit glitchy. I have looked into homeplugs also but I am now thinking of just wiring the house with 2 Ethernet ports to avoid all kinds of bridges.

I know this is a bit of work but it will just make life so much easier in the long run. I have been driven mad running internet connectivity monitors and what not to try and identify the problems and I have come to the conclusion that the only weak link in the setup is the vonets wifi bridge. They are a great piece of kit but they are just not 100% rock solid & that is what we are all after to make our lives a little easier.

I have tested Wired DM500 & vonets wifi bridge DM500 side by side for days and the results are clear to see. I would love to think the home plug would save me all the hassle of running wires through the attic but from what I have read the signal loss is huge and the best of them make massive exaggerations on their speeds & quality. I would be very interested to know what make n model of homeplug you use shamonemf..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!