Thinking of upgrading

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,086 times. The last Post () by EsRgood4u.

• I've got a wee Eagle box DM500 clone which has served me bloody well for the price but the time has come for a shiny new HD capable satbox, with CCCam abilities of course ;)

I'm just looking for some honest experiences any of you have. I'm quite tempted by the spiderbox 9000HD.

Budget is around the ?200 mark...any thoughts?

• I bought a openbox S9.. cost bouy ?90.. low budget, HD and does the trick!! downside!! limited C line, cant act as a server has some rebooting issue.

Might not be ideal for you but just to make u aware of the box

• Hey, I'm a Scot, I can appreciate much cheapness :)

Can you tell me what you mean by "cant act as server"? I always thought for sharing to be reciprocal there had to be both client and server components (cline/fline).

• The Openbox can only act as a client!! U can take but cant give back...Well thats for now untill there is some sort of firmware update..

When u card share to gave back u need the box to act as a server.

• The Spiderbox is another which is client only. (you can put clines in it but not flines)
    You could use your Eagle as a server to it but for your budget i would go for a DM800 clone, I own one myself and there are a few on here recently bought the same that can recommend a good seller.

I had thought about that, I noticed they are going on ebay for around the ?140-180 mark. Trouble is I guess, the quality will range from decent through to abysmal.

I would certainly welcome any seller recommendations, I'm more than happy to support good sellers who have furnished people here in the past.

• isnt spiderbox cccam client only????
    DM800se clones go for around ?180 mark! Just ordered one for a friend! Should be here mid week!

• the firmware creators for the openbox are working on making it work as a server also! maybee in a few firmware updates! Its a new box! will take a while to get it to the spec that everyone wants

• Ha Ha! few years now! Mid 2009 i think! also spiderbox isnt linux based like the openbox! Just wish openbox was open source firmware like the dreambox's are! Be alot more developers working on them!

• Good luck mate!! I would have bought that box if i could afford it!! waiting for my next pay package and might purchase one...Let me know if u get a good deal..

• Link deleted mate sorry!yes mate! ! ?185 for box and ?10 next day delivery! Just installed for family member today with a 1.2m motorised dish! its the bollox! remote a little bit slow tho! press a button to change channel and wont respond for a second or two! gave him access to my sever! not one freeze on the channels we tested!

Also has the rev m tuner like Ten Below stated and also a fan on the heat sink that stops when you power it down!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!