noob linux question

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 364 times. The last Post () by Banny.

• so ive got the auto install files on a usb drive... how do i mount the drive and get them to the required location

im not that familiar with the linux 'dos like' enviroment

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• ok, maybe I should clarify, ive installed Ubuntu Server onto a computer (well laptop), I didn't install any of the extra apps during the install, and ive downloaded the CCcam/OSCam script - how do I get it onto the laptop?

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• How do I enable ftp/ftp access to the server?

BpGgW.jpg

• Im not 100% sure that I understand your question, but if you want to

(a)remotely access the server terminal from your PC
    &
    (b) remotely copy files to and from your server via your PC

you could use

(a) putty
    (b) WinSCP

I use these programs from my windows PC to do both.

You will firstly have to install OpenSSH on Ubuntu with the following command

Code
    sudo apt-get install ssh

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Thats kind of what I want to do, I just want to be able to use an ftp app also.

EDIT: Your post put me in right direction though

BpGgW.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!