Oscam 1.20 #6596 unstable, how to update

There are 31 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,642 times. The last Post () by AfyB.

• http://linuxsat-support.com/li…ersion-ubuntu-server.html
    You will have to follow that tut step by step m8..

Ok when you say change old oscam name, how do I locate that Oscam? Is it Oscam.srvid?

Rename old Oscam file (/usr/local/bin/oscam) to oscam-old

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• OK, well then it looks like oscam is not running. If you accidentally ran

Code
    sudo killall -9 oscam

twice, you would have gotten the error because the process was already stopped.

can you access the oscam webif?
    Actually m8, were having so many problems here I am just going to ask you to confirm a few things.
    1... What are you using for a server? Box, Linux PC Server (If so, Ubuntu / Debian)
    2... If its a Linux PC Server, What install package did you use?

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• No I can't access it. I did everything in your thread just the restarting bit wont work, comes back saying "Error whilst loading shared libraries. libssl.so.10: can not open shared object file: no such file or directory

• is it this error???

Your problem is here, a librarie is missing :

I get following error when typing oscam -b error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory?????

Open the terminal and use this command :

apt-get install libssl0.9.8:i386

After it will install try to start the oscam, it should start fine.

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Update was some of the oscam files were corrupted and needed updating. Hopefully ThatFellow can shed some light on the commands on how he instructed me to update oscam. Now running #7048 version of Oscam. I only use Oscam to read and share, I have a client drop out issue though, would it be recommended that I should use CCCam to share as all clients connect to Oscam via CCCam?

• Bang on mrgmx, we had to apt-get install libssl0.9.8:i386 & update a few other system settings but after an bit on TeamViewer we had Oscam back up n running. This perticular problems was caused by a mixture of missing system files & version of oscam that was not compiled for his perticular setup. Only time will tell if the new version of oscam irons out a few of the glitches with AfyB's setup.

would it be recommended that I should use CCCam to share as all clients connect to Oscam via CCCam?

Cant say m8, its usually your own preferences but I can tell you that my oscam/cccam2.13 setup is rock solid and I never have a problem with it (Apart from when I cause it messing around). I suppose you could give ur current setup a few hours more for testing & make notes of any/all the problems & times & check them against ur logs. That way it will be easier to identify the next problems & hopefully easier to repair.

• Well so far so good. The webinterface is slightly better too. I noticed i couldn't log into my router, maybe this was what was causing the problems in the first place, the router page would not load. I have rebooted the rooter and Oscam, fingers crossed. If this does not work I will probabaly try the Cccam share route. Thanks again fella.

• No problem m8, I hope it works out for you. Just one word of advice, I noticed problems before when my router was running 24/7. I now reboot the router once a week and I dont have any strange issues with it. Like most bootable hardware, a reboot every now & helps to purge all the temporary garbage that builds up over time and reloads the fresh image to start over..

• Well still having the issue 2012/07/11 16:10:12 B76144F0 c cccam(s) Saf: connection closed by client, n=-1.
    2012/07/11 16:10:12 B76144F0 c Saf disconnected from 86.168.*.**
    2012/07/11 16:10:12 B76144F0 c thread B75C1B70 ended

Tries to connect but then disconnects. Some clients have not connected at all. Can't figure it out as log doesn't say anything apart from the above

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!