Update Entitlements Ubuntu Server with oscam/cccam 2.1.3 & Omnikey Reader

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,106 times. The last Post () by cgandara.

• This issue is about to raise its ugly head again for me. I was previously (3-4 months ago) using my DM500 as a server & I had it updating my entitlements. I switched my Setup to a Ubuntu server a few months back. In June i was running out of time to update my entitlements on my server so I pulled the card & updated it in my $ky Box overnight. I obviously don’t want to do this again as it might take a lot longer this time not to mention server down time for my peers.

My questions before I start would be what kind of configuration for updating Entitlements would best suit my setup?

OScam + MGCamd
    or
    OScam + DVAPI
    or
    OScam alone?

If anyone can help, I will post my configs..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• OK, just to update, I got settings off a m8 and now my configs look like this!

oscam.config

oscam.server

oscam.user

Code
    [account]
    user = myusername
    pwd = mypassword
    monlevel = 0
    uniq = 0
    group = 1
    au = $lyuk
    caid = 0963
    ident = 0963:000000
    keepalive = 1

cccam.cfg

Code
    N: 127.0.0.1 myportnumber myusername mypassword 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256

F: MyDreambox mypassword 2 0 1 { 0:0:2 }

Can anyone see any problems or should this setup update my entitlements with $ly?

Thanks

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• 2 things that might help but before this, consider it is probably true that with sly - most problems with updates are due to impatience!

2 0 1 { 0:0:2 } - if you set your flines with this, then your card could get emm updates from your peers - so long as you are allowing emms in your CCcam.cfg

I once had an issue with updating an MTV card being read in Oscam and connected to CCcam with nline/newcamd protocol. I tried with the CCcam protocal, connecting with a Cline instead, and it updated straight away. Not sure if changing my configs did this as I had only ordered the update 30 mins before so might only have been sent over the air by the time i changed my configs, but worth a mention.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

most problems with updates are due to impatience!

I am not being impatient though, I have 3 weeks left & I just want to make sure everything is set up ok so I dont have to worry about pulling my card...

2 0 1 { 0:0:2 } - if you set your flines with this, then your card could get emm updates from your peers

I only set up my trusted internal box's with this F:Line format, will this still mean I can get emm updates from peers?

so long as you are allowing emms in your CCcam.cfg

How do I do this or what is the line in cccam.cfg?
    I have the line below hashed out

Code
    #EXTRA EMM LEVEL : yes

Should I un-hash this or is it a different line I need to add?

Cheers M8

• OK, I have implemented everything from the links given to me:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…am-cccam-card-update.html

I just have two last question’s (LoL),
    1.. Is there any way to log all entitlements activity so I can review it and learn from it? I have read somewhere over the last few weeks of people monitoring emm's received etc.

Make the fline for your Dreambox in server with no restrictions and enter the cline in your dreambox also without restrictions and the update should come. I have used this method myself in the past.
    e.g in server
    F: dm800 pass
    in dreambox
    C: local_ip 12000 dm800 pass

If I have 3 or 4 Trusted Box’s i.e. My two and the 2 in parents house, can I have no restrictions on the relevant F:Lines & C:Lines for those 4 box’s to increase my chances of getting update’s?

Thanks guys.

• I used the Mgcamd + Oscam tutorial on this site, works a treat, only down side with it is, clients drop off or disconnect, so I reverted back to old settings, when entitlements are due I will use mgcamd and oscam for 12hrs, usually updates the card.

• I read something about this, check the tutorial on mgcamd to update entitlements, I'm sure someone told me how to log EMM's. Should be in the thread.

You can log emm's with these settings in

[reader]
    saveemm-u = 1
    saveemm-s = 1

Cheers m8, added that now I have emm.log & emm.bin..

No need for any restrictions on the F or Clines

I can confirm that my Entitlements Updated With my current oscam/cccam settings and the changes suggested..

• Hi there,
    this is my scenario.
    I have a Ubuntu server runnning OSCAM, and I have a azbox home premiun which I just installed OpenPli RSI Egnima3 in it. I already setup the box to work as a client so I can watch TV with it. I did it using the N: line on CCAM.cfg, now I want the box to update the entitlements on the cards. How can I do that ?
    Btw, I am running cable.

• Hi you need to use mgcamd instead of CCcam and the line should be like this
    CWS = xxx.xxx.xx.ss 21000 user password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256
    and thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!