openbox or ***box f3

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,027 times. The last Post () by EnigmaC.

• You cannot use the F3 as server, like you can on s10, also the usb access is on the front and is a pain if you got your dongle stuck out were the little darlings are(kids).
    There is also much more support for the s10 and the remote on the s10 is ver3, 10 times better than the one with the F3.

• 'better' is a vague term, what is better to one may not be to another, some people consider better 'still able to do the job, for the least amount of money', whereas others would prefer to pay more for an improved epg, recording options among other things.

Think about what you want out of a receiver, list those requirements and then we will be able to give you a 'better' (in this case better refers to more informed answer).

Personally I don't like the Open/***boxes and would recommend people spend a little more on a Dreambox, Gigablue or even the New Dvb stb's our sponsor sells, whereas others would say the Openbox is better, as your still getting the same channels.

I hope you can see the point im trying to make :)

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• For anyone interested it is a very simple job to fit the USB to the rear, Maplin sell a PCI insert which has 2 USB sockets on it for £3.99 which will do 2 ***box F3's. Simply remove one of the Sockets and fit it were the RS232 connector is, it is a 5 Minute job. I intend fitting a small 4 port USB hub internally (poundland) £1 slightly concerned about power consumption but i will let you if it works out.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!