How do i set up my usb stick up for permanent timeshift plug in with vu+?

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,684 times. The last Post () by thijss.

• Hi Guys
    I wanted to try out the permanent timeshift plugin, installed it ,reboot and it worked straight away but i don't want my internal hdd to work to hard all the time so i formatted a usb stick 32gb in the vu+ devicemanager and mounted it.
    Now when i set up my epg to the media /usb no problems but when i try to setup recording path for timshift there is no path to be found for media/usb
    anybody any idea on how to do it right or what step did i miss.

• What version of timeshift are you using and what image are you using?

EDIT: I moved your thread to the appropriate section :)

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• i'm on black hole at the moment i think it was version .25 the misses is on the box at the moment

Hi thijss,

i never tried the plugin on the Vu always changed the mountpoint in the settings, One thing to remember though is your USB's speed i tried quite a few different sticks for permanent timeshift that also had picons and epg data stored and none worked correctly due to write speed, they worked in a fashion but all the recordings ahd a slight breakup or loss of sound every minute near enough.

I ended up going back to the hard drive, The only solution i did not try is use one stick for EPG/Picons and a separate one for timeshift may work

• Ive used usb for timeshift without problem, im going to reflash my box with blackhole shortly anyway, I usually install a timeshift anyway so ill let you know how I get on.

Might be an idea to reformat and remount your usb drive though.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Im installing BH now

BpGgW.jpg

• or not, its stuck on starting... Trying again, as soon as my usb is formatted, could take a little while I did slow format

BpGgW.jpg

• I found recently that i had to reformat my usb stick everytime before flashing a new image ¬ just letting people know cos i spent days messing around DOH !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Official Post

but when i try to setup recording path for timshift there is no path to be found for media/usb

Possible you need to create the movie directory to allow recordings, telnet the below commands;

Code
    mkdir /media/usb/movie

chmod 755 /media/usb/movie

Restart the Vu+ and try to setup the recording path again.

• Possible you need to create the movie directory to allow recordings, telnet the below commands;

Code
    mkdir /media/usb/movie

chmod 755 /media/usb/movie

Restart the Vu+ and try to setup the recording path again.

just did this by telnet
    have to reinstall the plugin to see if i can get this going let yi know how it goes

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!