Vu Plus Ultimo - 36v Motorised VBoxII Setup

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 934 times. The last Post () by digi247.

• Hi,

As a newbie, can somebody please kindly advise or point me in the right direction, when setting up a 36v Superjack actuator/motorised dish (previously used with an Echostar DVR-7000) for Vu Plus Ultimo Triple Tuner 1TB receiver.

The dish is currently pointing at Astra (19.2E). What are the steps when setting up Tuner A on the receiver, and the VBoxII is showing 000 (dish direction/connections are OK). Should the VBoxII have to be programmed the East-West limits on a non-horizon-2-horizon dish mount before anything else?

I have tried Tuner A - Configuration mode=Advanced, Satellite=Astra(19.2E), LNB=1 now shows more menus. Leaving settings unchanged, scrolling down to Use USALS for this Sat=No (Stored Position 001 appears). When accepting this as well as the channel lists, how do request the receiver to move the disk to find the next satellite position without using the VBoxII controls?

If the installed image is replaced by another, does the receiver loose all tuner plus any other stored settings?

Also, what are the steps on how to take a copy of the factory installed image on the receiver?

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards.

• Official Post

How to setup Vu+ with VBox II DiSEqC 1.2 Positioner.

If the installed image is replaced by another, does the receiver loose all tuner plus any other stored settings?

It will lose all stored positions and you will have to setup the tuner again, though you could backup the stored positions which are found in etc/enigma2/settings.

Also, what are the steps on how to take a copy of the factory installed image on the receiver?

Difficult to give you an answer as you havn`t told us what image you are using.

• Hi,

The image being used on this receiver as far I know is the installed factory default image and I would like to back this up on to a USB stick, before installing any new image. On the receiver, where can you find details about the image name-version?

With kind regards.

• Hi,

I checked as kindly advised, the image version shown on the screen is Vuplus_experimental, 2011-12-02. How can this be backed up?

- When establishing a FTP session, what is the default username-password which should be used to connect to the receiver?

- Is the Superjack VBoxII remote control reset button normally disabled as it doesn't work?

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards.

• Official Post

Vuplus_experimental, 2011-12-02. How can this be backed up

I`m not 100% sure if there is a backup utility with the menu as i`ve never used this image, though you could try BackupSuite plugin.

When establishing a FTP session, what is the default username-password which should be used to connect to the receiver?

username = root
    password = vuplus

The password may be blank, if its not use vuplus.

Is the Superjack VBoxII remote control reset button normally disabled as it doesn't work?

I`ve always used a technomate 2600 motor so can`t give you an answer sorry, hopefully someone else can give you an answer buddy.

• the image you have at present is the official image from VU+ themselves which can be directly downloaded from there official website, i have a very similar setup apart from the VboxII i use a Gbox V3000. The intial setup is laways going to be time consuming as you have to setup the service searching menu to advanced and then put all your pre stored positions into the box once done though and you have everything as you like it you can either do a full backup of the whole image and save it in case of any mishaps, Personally i use blackhole image and use the full backup and personal settings backup so basically if a new BH image appears i can flash that and use the personal backup to restore all my Gbox settings.

I am afraid there is no backup utility on the official image unless you can download a plugin to do a personal backup, It may be a pain but your better off writing all your stored positions and corresponding numbers on a piece of paper and flashing a new image preferably one that allows you to at least do a personal backup.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!