Today in history.

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 314 times. The last Post () by Banny.

• Today In History. What Happened This Day In History

A Timeline Of Events That Occurred On This Day In History

A chronological timetable of historical events that occurred on this day in history. Historical facts of the day in the areas of military, politics, science, music, sports, arts, entertainment and more. Discover what happened today in history.

Today in History
    July 22

King Edward I defeats Scots under William Wallace at Falkirk.

Emperor Maximillian and Vladislav of Bohemia forge an alliance between the Hapsburg and Jagiello dynasties in Vienna.

Prince Conde's rebels narrowly defeat Chief Minister Mazarin's loyalist forces at St. Martin, near Paris.

Thomas Jefferson becomes the first head of the U.S. Department of Foreign Affairs.

A British army under the Duke of Wellington defeats the French at Salamanca, Spain.

Five Indian tribes in Ohio make peace with the United States and declare war on Britain.

The first volume of The War of the Rebellion: A compilation of the Official Records of the Union and Confederate Armies, is published.

The first automobile race takes place between Paris and Rouen, France.

American gangster John Dillinger is shot dead by FBI officers outside a Chicago cinema.

The Third Reich issues special identity cards for Jewish Germans.

Palermo, Sicily surrenders to General George S. Patton's Seventh Army.

B-52 bombers hit the Demilitarized Zone between North and South Vietnam for the first time.

Born on July 22

Gregor Johann Mendel, Austrian botanist, genetics pioneer.

Emma Lazarus, American poet.

Margery Williams Bianco, author (The Velveteen Rabbit).

Edward Hopper, painter (Nighthawks).

Gustav Hertz, German physicist.

Selman Abraham Waksman, biochemist.

Karl Menninger, American physiscian, founder of the Menninger Foundation.

Stephen Vincent Benet, poet and short-story writer (John Brown's Body).

Alexander Calder, sculptor.

Amy Vanderbilt, American journalist, etiquette authority.

Robert Dole, U.S. Senator and presidential candidate.

Megan Terry, playwright (Calm Down Mother, Goona Goona).

Tom Robbins, novelist (Another Roadside Attraction, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues).

Paul Schrader, screenwriter and film director (Taxi Driver).

• 2012 - Banny has nearly has a fight with McDonalds manager he was acting a right clown...

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Not forgetting that today is the first anniversary of the tragic killing of 77 people at the hands of Anders Behring Breivik in Norway.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I should watch more news would save me putting my foot in it...

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!