I think my DM800se is dying...

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,403 times. The last Post () by Banny.

• My 800 is in other room, it has, Tenda wifi device, internal hard drive and usb installed and I was running them all from the dreambox, this morning I noticed, that it wasn't connected, so I took the wifi device to my pc to configure it again.

When I tried to power on the dreambox it couldn't power the sat wifi device, and got stuck in a sort of boot loop, the tenda is now plugged in and ive reflashed the dreambox, but it still seems sluggish, which I think is down to a it running low on memory, but I still don't understand why all f a sudden it couldn't power the tenda. What do people think

1. im being paranoid?
    2. power supply?
    3. motherboard?

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• I'd try a different PSU.

Thanks for the advice, I don't have one so ill have to order one anyway.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Ive still got the VU, but I also own a 800se

BpGgW.jpg

• Not really look at dm500s still going strong... so you don't get a negligible update, still does same job.

BpGgW.jpg

• Not really look at dm500s still going strong... so you don't get a negligible update, still does same job.

Not really bud, the 500 is dead in the water as a stb, ok as a little server but why not get a PI for that ? £25 or a a £50 clone !!!!

I know where my money goes these days.

• People still use em, demands and needs, if they were dead there would not be a market for them, and whilst I agree the Pi will prolly kill them off, there is still a massive waiting list for the Pi now.

BpGgW.jpg

• People still use em, demands and needs, if they were dead there would not be a market for them, and whilst I agree the Pi will prolly kill them off, there is still a massive waiting list for the Pi now.

The waiting list is a bummer but I guess the Chinese will latch on to that LOL

• There are already a lot of similar pieces of equipment out there, and I don't think they will given the Pi are sold for non profit so it wouldn't be feasible for them to do so.

BpGgW.jpg

• Yeah ive also seen the price people try to charge for clones and such on ebay.

BpGgW.jpg

• I have been on there and there are quite a few - looking at around 60 quid - maybe get one for 50 on an auction - but then you need your case, memory, input devices etc - perhaps the Chinese will do us a favour on this one.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I have been on there and there are quite a few - looking at around 60 quid - maybe get one for 50 on an auction - but then you need your case, memory, input devices etc - perhaps the Chinese will do us a favour on this one.

For sure but I bet most of us have a USB mouse. keyboard and SD cards sitting around.

• I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.

BpGgW.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!