VuPlus Ultimo - 36v Motorized Dish VBox II Setup

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 616 times. The last Post () by nsharma.

• Hi,

Trying to setup an Ultimo receiver (VIX image), triple tuners (DVB-S/S2) with 36v motorised disk/VboxII positioner and having setup problems:-

- The motorised disk is connected to a Universal Quad LNB, covering the Turksat to Hispasat satellites.

- Using the old Echostar DVR700 in parallel as a picture/satellite-lock meter for the respective satellite positions, storing these on the VboxII (previously reset) connected to the motorised dish.

- No dish limits were set on the VBoxII.

- Moved the dish via the VBoxII remote to the various stored position and then configured Tuner A (Tuner B&C are disabled) to assign a corresponding satellite name, LNBxx (where xx increments with each additional satellite name added).

- Further down the menu, changed DiSecq mode=1.2, USALS=No and input-stored that satellite position using the receiver's remote control.

- When performing an automatic scan, this configuration fine works for Astra-1, Eutelsat-W2 and Hotbird, by moving the disk to the correct satellite and scanning the transponders.

- However, scanning other satellites, the receiver shows a motorised dish-symbol implying that the disk needs moving, even when moved to the correct postion by the receiver whilst the scan transponder details are displayed on screen, but no scan progress is made.

Am I missing anything else out?

I also have installed plugins for the Satfinder and Positioner setup (not used for the above steps). Should I use start from scratch, knowing in advance where the various satellite positions are, but only programming them into the VBoxII (after resetting VBoxII) using the receiver plugins?

Is it better to use another or later VIX image or BH-1.76, instead of the factory shipped VIX, just in case there are quirks in this original VIX image? If this is the case, what are the steps to restore the receiver back to the factory default VIX image with the bootloader?

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards.

• Hi,

I tried using the latest satellites.xml file copied to the reciver which fixed the problem.

Also discovered that the Dreamset method loading of channels upsets the receiver and hence causing this issue of loosing the satellite positions by sending a reset sequence via the receiver to the VBoxII and the receiver clock being reset.I had to store again, all the VBoxII satellite poitions without any re-configuring of the receiver - this worked OK!

I would appreciate some help regarding another question from the continuation of this same post:-

The receiver has 3xDVB-S/S2 tuners each one directly connected from the LNB cables feed from the single Universal QUAD LNB, with NO loop-through cable being used on the receiver.

Configured Tuner A=Advanced as discussed in the above post, Tuner B=second cable of motorised LNB Tuner A, Tuner C=not configured -all this works OK.

Now if Tuner C=equal to Tuner A, then the flashing motorised dish symbol appears with the VBoxII going into standby mode when changing channels residing on another satellite.

Please advise as to how to use Tuner C along with the other Tuners A & B?

With kind regards.

• master G

Added the Label Tuner Configuration
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Vu Plus Ultimo - 36v Motorised VBoxII Setup” to “VuPlus Ultimo - 36v Motorized Dish VBox II Setup”.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!