Unable to initialize hard disk' error unable to create movie folder

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 12,059 times. The last Post () by Mee®kat.

• sunray 800hd Se
    Image Sat4Fun GP3 dm800se sim2 ssl84b

Hi all I have been going around in circles trying to initialize a Digital Scorpio Blue Hard Drive 500GB and I keep getting the message.
    Unable to initialize hard disk' error unable to create movie folder I have tried so many different things
    this had been driving me round the bend any help would be much appreciated thanks

• try that and I am getting this
    root@dm800se:~# mkdir /media/hdd/movie
    mkdir: cannot create directory '/media/hdd/movie': File exists
    root@dm800se:~# this is getting right up my hooter!!
    thanks again

• mate I had this - stick ur ear next to hdd see if you can hear it spinning.

Hdd i had felt like it was spinning but it u listen to it - it might sound like its grinding and then stopping

in this case the hdd is faulty

• Just done a new image Gp3-0.48-r7-20120309 the hard drive is working now i have install 2.13 cccam but now I can't fine the CCcam.cfg in var /etc any ideas ?

• I was having the same problem and found a work around where you dont need to initialize the hard disk.
    Just go and mount it to media/hdd and restart the box. Open dcc and go to media/hdd and make a folder called movie.
    After that go and set your recording paths.
    Hit menu - setup - system and down the menu you should see Recording paths. If you dont go into Customize and set the setup mode to Expert and save.
    Exit out of that and you should now see recording paths go in there and set the paths to hdd/movie by pussing left or right.
    Hit save and it all should now be working

• I was having the same problem and found a work around where you dont need to initialize the hard disk.
    Just go and mount it to media/hdd and restart the box. Open dcc and go to media/hdd and make a folder called movie.
    After that go and set your recording paths.
    Hit menu - setup - system and down the menu you should see Recording paths. If you dont go into Customize and set the setup mode to Expert and save.
    Exit out of that and you should now see recording paths go in there and set the paths to hdd/movie by pussing left or right.
    Hit save and it all should now be working

thanks Colly, I got this message late but I will try your method in the morning. Pls could you recommend a great backup image that have tspanel and a great working hdd?

Thanks

• Hi colly,

I've tried your suggestions to no luck. The movie folder is already in the path media/hdd. Pls do anyone know a link to an image that is downloadable and have TsPanel and with no issues using hdd? Any help will be appreciated.

• HI all

I ahve the same problem installing my fujitsu 320GB HDD, have tried several images for my DM800se ssl84b but to no avail. the is a new realease though from dreamoem of the new GP3 and open pli, hopin installing this new images will solve the problem.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!