Oscam and Omni Link Reader

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,517 times. The last Post () by AfyB.

• Having an issue with my Omni Link where after a few hours it flashes red continuously and it is not connected, is this a common fault with these readers, I was using a Phoenix Smart mouse before, but Omni Link has better Ecm times.

• Clearly it shouldn't be doing this, I take it you are referring to the omnikey USB reader? in fact these are known to work well with Oscam. More likely to be another issue - some people find it works better if you use it with a powered USB hub. but so long as it is not being used in a non powered hub with other devices, this still shouldn't happen. It might be an idea to post the output of your oscam logs at the time this is happening.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• The moment it happens other proxies kick in...nothing actually showing in the log. But when I check the reader (which is the USB version, plugged into the back of the tower), it is flashing red continuously. I have to take the card out and re-insert and then it sorts itself out. But over the past 10 hrs it has happened twice. Might be a faulty reader.

• I take it you have added
    dropbadcws = 1
    to oscam.server
    and hashed out the ecm whitelist to see if this improves it?

I did a quick search and found the above as a possible fix elsewhere, but then I saw that you had also posted on that thread:haha: I know a lot of people are concerned about whether they need the ecm whitelist, so you might think it is a risk, but tbh some people are still using CCcam with a sly UK card without any issues, and this doesn't have a whitelist. So perhaps worth a try.

I also noted that those who use debian as opposed to ubuntu seem not to get this issue, so if that is the case maybe it could be something to do with the way the system is managing the power. Might be worth trying as well as the above to try using the powered hub.

Not tried any of the above and I haven't (yet) got an omnikey so this is all info I have seen from others with similar problems.

• I #whitelist but still having this issue with the reader where it continually flashes red, usually after a couple of days...anyone know what I could do to rectify the problem so I don't have to rely on my peers to back up the server continually.

• Never seen mate...i wonder if its a Ubuntu problem as never seen on Debian and only hits i get on error are people with Ubuntu!

I presume you have installed drivers ok with no errors?

You could try re-installing or you may just have to restart when it goes down

some info here but you already posted on that

http://linuxsat-support.com/li…ing-omnikey-ubuntu-2.html

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• wasn't getting any issues of this kind on my oscam/debian setup - although it might be an issue with the sly card, as mine were running fine with different cards - although my server is not particularly busy either.

Try using debian maybe....

• Yes I have heard Debian does not have this issue, but then that means changing from Ubuntu to Debian, that's the last resort I suppose, for now I have reverted back to the Phoenix SmartMouse reader but the ECM requests are between 120-250ms...

• Powered USB hub may bring ECM times down on readers!

May be worth a look!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!