Stream plugin for UK FRESAT Channels

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,545 times. The last Post () by cagada.

• Dear friends
    Looked everywhere for streaming plugins for my DM but i only found channels not interesting for my dear English wife
    Any chance someone here have some kind of plugin for dm so we can watch Freesat?
    I can donate if possible to make her shut up
    Regards from sunny Cyprus

• You need a very big dish to pick up anything on 28.2e, and I mean big!

Cyprus is home as you know to a big UK army base, and they point their satellite dishes towards 10e, which with a sub card that is issued by their bosses, they can get quite a few UK channels on the BFBS network. It is very difficult, but not impossibe to get this through sharing, or maybe if you knew anyone there in the forces this could be easier.

You are looking for streaming general freesat channels on your receiver, which isn't really an option. You could go down the route of signing up with UK VPN, and with this you could connect your PC to your tv and get your UK telly from

Code
    http://www.tvcatchup.com

A VPN would fool the above site in to thinking you are in the UK - just do a search VPN on the net and you will see quite a few out there - I used ane called strongvpn, for a small monthly fee. Most out there charge, but every now and again you might be able to find a free one.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Yes i know what u mean about conncting pc to tv ......but i seen many plugins for streaming offering movies and channels i just wondering if there is such thing for Freesat as well
    Thanks for the reply again

• 2 problems with streaming TV from most of the catchup and network providers - most of it uses formats that the receivers are not or never will be compatible with, and it is also geo locked, so you need a VPN. There are solutions where you can stream the TV from your PC to your receiver, but imo you would be better off looking at PC HTPC options or smart TV boxes that can view this content, where you can set up a VPN.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Hi sorry for the delay...........the reason i mention this post is that ive seen such plugin :-) With perfect picture ....
    Will try slingbox method then...........Thanks anyway
    Regards

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!