Ubutu 12.04 server, HELP with the next steps please

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 694 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• Here is wher i am at the moment:
    Have followed "thatfellows" excellent http://linuxsat-support.com/li…-1-3-install-package.html for the installation of Ubunto 12.04 server with automated oscam/ccc 2.1.3
    I then move on to my omnikey reader and followed master G's tut on http://linuxsat-support.com/li…key-readers-linux-pc.html
    Here i encountered my first problem as the opensc.cofig was different the the one listed on the tut so after a bit of reading came to the conclusion (not sure if it is the right conclusion) that i didnt have to change the config any more.

This is what i get when input Code: opensc-tool -l

# Detected readers (pcsc)
    Nr. Card Features Name
    0 No Omnikey CardMan 3121 00 00

i do not hav a card in the reader at this point

The only other thing i did is edited the line : # DAEMON_ARGS=??your-option?
    to : DAEMON_ARGS="-e"

This is as far as i have got on would greatly apreciate any pointers on what i need to do next, up until trying to set this server up i have been running a DM 500 as a server with a few family and friends as clients, but i am having overheating probs with the box at the min hence me using a spare pc in this project. I am somewhat lost as to what oscam actually does.. as my dm500 is just running cccam 2.1.3, am i just using oscam to read the card?? i have downloaded configs for oscam and *** uk but am unsure what to do with them.
    I think i also need an update client for my dyndns account and am unsure of which one to go for..

Lots to be going on with and sure lots i have missed but any help in me compileing a list of the things i still need to do and which order i need to do the would be really really apreciated

Many thanks in advance Dave

I then move on to my omnikey reader and followed master G's How to install Omnikey readers on Linux PC

Did you sucessfully complete master G's tut above?

Few questions:
    What setup did you have before you decided to setup a card sharing server or is this your first attempt at card sharing?
    What card do you have?

Have you followed the links to the follow-up tut's at the bottom of original tutorial?
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…-1-3-install-package.html

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• @TF I missed the dynamic updater link in your tut but yes everthing else is done if i have done the omnikey correctly as i mentioned before the opensc.cfg file was different than in the tut

• Yes I also noticed that the opensc.cfg was different than the version the omnikey tut was written for.
    You can omit this line

Code
    provider_library = /lib/libpcsclite.so.1

from the omnikey tut..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

I think i am missing something somewhere, which wouldnt be hard as my brain is getting a little fried...
    when i followed master G's tut on how to install the omniey, when i get to the the part where i type:

Code
    nano /etc/opensc/opensc.conf

this is what i get:

Is this right or should i have installed a different config??

this is what i get when i type:

Code
    opensc-tool -l

Nr. Card Features Name
    0 No OmniKey CardMan 3121 00 00

I dont have a card in the reader at this point so this is why card is "No"
    am i missing somthing??? Cheers in advance D

• Thats right m8, you have to go down through that file using the down arrow and find the lines & edit them. Its not easy to go through this file in the terminal window because it is a big file. I found it easier to edit the opensc.conf file by using WinSCP as root user and navigating to /etc/opensc/, right clicking on the opensc.conf file and clicking edit. Make all your changes and save..

• Here is a pre edited opensc file when done the command in ssh/terminal nano and opened the opensc file hold down crtl and press and keep hold of K once deleted copy paste this in and crtl o enter crtl x

The above file was done by admin here, ten below or masterG cant remeber lol so thanks to them

• I would like to thank thatfellow, turner123 and dekelster for your help so far, ive gave my brain a lttle break today but here is where im upto at the min....
    as mentioned before, i followed master G's tut for installing omnikey on linux, in my case ubuntu.

Code
    sudo apt-get install opensc pcscd libccid

now if i enter the command

Code
    opensc-tool ?list-readers -l

or

Code
    opensc-tool -l

i get:

Nr. Card Features Name
    0 No OmniKey CardMan 3121 00 00

or with

Code
    pcsc_scan

i get

this is with this unedited (no #'s removed to activate lines etc) opensc.conf file that is automatically installed
    i also get the same results from another opensc.conf file that dekelster was sent by lfc4ever which is again slightly different but also seems to be un unedited. The pre edited config that turner123 kindly sent me however did not work and no readers were listed.
    so i was hoping somone could please test this file in its unedited form to see if works straight out of the box or as i am not yet far enough on myself to test it or understand it enough to know if it works or not. I am hoping i can help others in the future by ironing this out as i have done a lot of reading and am still getting mixed up as the lines mentioned in the tut differ from the new config.
    dekelster gave me a nice tip earlier by helping me understand that when i open a config file with winscp, it opens it either in its own built in editor or you have the option of selecting to open in notepad, at his sugestion i upgraded to notepad++ which helps to avoid any unnecessary syntax errors, this version also has the added bonus over the internal editor of giving line numbers making it easier to work out where the lines are that actually need editing, which would help someone such as myself no end. Many thanks again in advance Dave

• M8 I got that error at first after editing opensc.conf but it still worked perfectly fine. However after I restarted the system and ran

Code
    opensc-tool ?list-readers -l

I get this successfull Detection:

Code
    Nr.  Card  Features  Name
    0    Yes             OmniKey CardMan 3121 00 00

I think the opensc.conf file that was uploaded was an older version of the file for a x32 System. Here is a version of opensc.zip for the Ubuntu amd.64 cccam/oscam tutorial

Note: there are only 3 lines edited in this file but dont worry, They are edited & working!

Here is some good info on OpenSC
    FrequentlyAskedQuestions

Good luck

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!