Getting server going with lines

There are 37 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,810 times. The last Post () by birdman99.

• m8 I have pointed you to all these commands about 20 times now so this will hopefully be the last time...
    Usefull Ubuntu Commands
    I also noticed that you have at least two threads going where you are asking the same questions with about a dozen people giving you hours of their valuable time to help you sort out the exact same problems with not so much as a thank you. Andy ray pointed this out only yesterday but nothing seems to have changed..

These are just some of the threads where Admins, Mods & Users have collectively spent hours helping you with nothing in return:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…ewbie-server-setup-2.html
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…g-server-going-lines.html
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…w-server-help-needed.html
    http://linuxsat-support.com/os…uk-sly-64bit-omnikey.html

You don’t even acknowledge that a problem is sorted or not, you just move on to new thread and ask all the same questions.. Everybody here wants to help but unless you start reading the answers there is no point in asking more questions

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• I have all the command saved and have been using the list everyday we were talking about cccam restart.
    Think you forget this is new and there is awful lot to it all, i Ialways thank people for posts.
    I was told to open a new post that's why I opened it.

Think you forget this is new and there is awful lot to it all, i Ialways thank people for posts.
    I was told to open a new post that's why I opened it.

No m8, I am well aware that this is a big project to take on.. I just looked through the 4 threads above and there was no thanks to about 10 people who were trying to help you out.

For your version of cccam which is named CCcam.x86_64, Here are the commands

Stop CCcam

Code
    sudo killall -9 CCcam.x86_64

Start CCcam

Code
    sudo CCcam.x86_64 .b

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Although "Thanks" are appreciated by most it serves most forums better if after you learn something you then help someone else in return somewhere in the future.
    Over the years I've seen many who know a lot help a little, so next time you see someone looking for help and you know the answer, start typing :)

Although "Thanks" are appreciated by most it serves most forums better if after you learn something you then help someone else in return somewhere in the future.
    Over the years I've seen many who know a lot help a little, so next time you see someone looking for help and you know the answer, start typing :)

I agree, but on linuxsat-support I think the vast majority of members will help out if they can (a lot more than on other sites anyway).

• Agreed this is what makes the foundation of forums! Must admit this forum has been the only one I've used for help this project it had all I needed.

Need to get some decent rechares now .

Can't find any ports open other than the one I used I would have liked to change it to one of my own but can't work it out.

Code
    http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

[/QUOTE]

• I've got a basic understanding of the line side of it but I must admit I don't fully understand hoe to manage it all.im going to have 6 family 3 friends next week all wanting to come on and I need to know how to manage it for example how will I know who's who line wise. If Tom tells me I have a big nose and I want to disconnect him how do I know I'm not disconnecting unce nick instead of uncle Tom......????

• A basic understanding & working server is a great start mate, now its time to study all the tutorials here & get to where you want to be. I hope this doesnt sound nasty but im sure you are big enough to wipe your own arse so start reading.

good job im in a good mood with seeing city win the charity sheild today,lol
    seriously tho i can take that in the context its meant and take what your saying.

• hi birdman, noticed your user id hoping up a lot lately, Maybe this might help you. did you try and get your duo serving,
    with lines ect..i think its a great place to start if you have not already done so..i done ubuntu in a few days.

Debian in 2 hours following what i read (master g's post) with no help as it the same sort of thing, but sticking to ubuntu.
    now. i am not criticising the way you are doing it.. Me i know very little about about linux,
    but i had de duo/dmdoi serving before i started. Hope this might be of help. LOL
    (ps do a bit more reading) pss...using the desktop/gui version as it better for those
    not to good with linux

• no pal, i don't mean scrap ing what your doing maybe if i sent you a pm it might have looked nicer (even_more polite)
    the point i was trying to to is are you able to c/s with the duo, if would start here..if so keep going.
    maybe ubnutu/debian 32bit desktop version would be a little easier??? (we all make typing errors) LOL
    best of luck !!! anne

• Get what your saying but will see how i get on now ive done it this way.
    its working at the moment with no problems but must admit ive had a awful lot of help from tenbelow and a user called andyray who has really helped me out.
    Your probs right though think ive jumped in the deep end without any arm bands.lol
    love metaphores .lol

• Just want to give some feedback to how my last 2-3 weeks of setting up and building a PC linux server have gone.

The amount of help i have had has been overwhelming. forum users have rallied round and done there best to get me up and running and also gave me a basic understanding of how it all works.
    Users like Andy |Ray Sea mouse and Pari especially have helped me setup my server, Pari who came on board 4 days ago after i had messed up all the work and Andy ray and Sea mouse had done, came in and guided me through it from the bild to the scripts to the updates to the configs. i now have a server running Oscam and CCcam ubuntu 64bit with sucsess.
    My point mainly here is to not only thank everyone but also to say what a great forum this is.
    It can be quite daunting,stressfull and frustrating doing something like this and this forum for me is the reason im still motivated.

thanks guys.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!