Newbie Debian Cardsharing server setup

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,579 times. The last Post () by Sondre83.

• Hello! :)

I have plans of setting up a Linux PC Cardsharing server, and I've been reading alot of forums to understand a little more about it. Im a complete newbie when it comes to this, but found out that i want to use Debian based on earlier Linux experiences.

I've bought 2x Smargo smartcard readers firmware v1.3 and plugged them into my server box, and i guess they are working.

root@sondre83:/# lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC

Got this inbetween alot of others with dmesg
    [ 4.679474] usb 2-3: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0
    [ 4.681663] usb 2-9: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB1

Now, I dont know what is the best Card reader software/Cam, but i see alot of people is using CCcam or Oscam and CCcam. What is the best and easiest to set up?

My plan is to share both Norwegian Canal Digital and Viasat packages, on Thor 0.8W/1W and Sirius 5E. Its possible to share two cards on one server right?

I've tried the automatic script for Oscam/CCam for debian at:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…l-package-debian-6-a.html

and it seems that thats working, i can open both CCcam and Oscam webinterface on the ports from the howto.

I've also found some config files for Canal Digital and Viasat here:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/os…taal-dk-fi-no-se-ipk.html
    http://linuxsat-support.com/os…-1-3-viasat-093e-ipk.html

So now the big question, will this setup work fine or is some other solution better to use?

Since im a complete noob with all these configfiles and how to get all stitched together into a working config, im kinda stuck.

Please help! :)

• Hi Mate,

Well you seem to have done all the hard work yourself with no help lol so the next stages should be a breeze he says!

Ill try an answer as best as i can!

Oscam Cccam e.t.c

Horses for courses i often say on this....both have there advantages and dis-advantages but those all boil down to TRUST really,
    TRUST as i big thing with sharing....if you TRUST the people you share with ultimalty it doesn't make much difference.

Some use Oscam to Read and CCcam to Share, some versions of Cccam are hackable/Lines reusable or cause problems have limited control e.t.c
    but this all boils down to TRUSTING who you share with!

Personally i started with Oscam and Cccam and then ditched Cccam as i Trust who i share with and it was easier to operate everything through the Oscam Webif!

Some people use CSP but i didnt get on with it and found no real benefit but thats just me i suppose.....best thing to do is try and see what you get on with!

You should be ok using both cards, i haven't done this but i presume the principle is the same!

You would have to create 2 reader accounts in Oscam 1 for each! - As the reciever requests channel it should choose from the specific card!

Your next step really is to get the readers reading the card in Oscam

Set these up using the configs you have and Tuts e.t.c when successful you should see them reading in Oscam and entitlements showing! If you get stuck post back!

Once that is all complete you should be ready to start sharing - you may want to look at obtaining a No-Ip or DyDns account for ease of use with you static IP but the rest they say is History!!

Well done mate...you got through the hardest bit almost there!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Since I trust the people I'm gonna share with, I think I'll use your solution with Oscam only.

Should I use the automatic script that installs CCcam aswell, or is it better to just compile Oscam manually?
    Havent found any good guides on how to setup and config Oscam as standalone, so if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be great! :)

• From my recollection i think i just installed the combined files and ditched Cccam (didnt use or connect to e.t.c) i think its still present on server lol!

Failing that tut below should get you sorted! if you get stuck give us a shout!

http://linuxsat-support.com/os…mpiling-oscam-debian.html

some further files you may wish to look at

http://linuxsat-support.com/os…s-smargo-omnikey-etc.html - Oscam Settings for Smargo e.t.c

When Oscam is installed you can use the configs you have obtained and edit them to you liking and copy to your oscam files!

main ones we will edit/play with e.t.c

oscam.conf
    oscam.server
    oscam.user

The above files will get you and users connected and server communicating e.t.c

oscam.services
    oscam.srvid
    oscam.provid

The above will need to edited/changed/added dependant on the cards your using to get channels clearing e.t.c

Should be enough to get you going, if you need help Holla back!

lssdalogo.png

• After a fiew more hours of reading and fiddling i have Oscam up and running without CCcam. I've added a test-user to it and conf'ed up a DM600 dreambox to test things out, the dreambox logs in, but there is something wrong with the reader config (I'm only using one reader, since i only have the Canal Digital card available now)

Here is a dump from the Oscam webif

I guess its the line: "2012/08/10 13:18:18 916750 r canaldigital [smartreader] usb bulk write failed : ret = -99" that makes the webif say:

Readers 0/1
    0x916750 r 1 canaldigital ON OFF 127.0.0.1 0 smartreader 0000:0000 no data 00:07:04 ERROR (no entitlements)

Help needed :(

• Damn Smargos lol we have seen a similar problem with another User this week lol!

Look through this post below everything should be covered in there

http://linuxsat-support.com/li…ant-get-smartgo-seen.html

Just check Card in correct way round
    Firmware of Smargo
    Conifgs are setup correctly

To start with but everything should be covered in that post!

I think the User resolved a similar issue with updating firmware version! so after checking Card correct way round lol may want to start there!

All discussed in post, come back if any problems!

lssdalogo.png

• well i moved to 1.5 as well as a diff os and working

• I'll try to update FW to 1.5 then.

I'm checking out omnikey readers on ebay now, is "HID OmniKey OK3021 smart card reader" the one to buy if im gonna try something else than smargo?

• Official Post

I'll try to update FW to 1.5 then.

I'm checking out omnikey readers on ebay now, is "HID OmniKey OK3021 smart card reader" the one to buy if im gonna try something else than smargo?

3121 is the model i think most use but see no reason why what you are looking at wont.

Omnikey 3121 Cardman USB Smartcard Reader

• i hope i ordered the right one as its on way as a second reader

• Updated my smargo reader to 1.7 today,in desperation. Still have the same problem :( I've tried different usb ports, but doenst help a thing... this is so fucking annoying :(

I have omnikey 3121 for my electronic lotterycard, think its time to give that a try :p

• Hey! Now we're moving on. 5min with the omnikey reader and i got this.

Where do I go from here? I only borrowed the canal digital card, so now i'm on viasat. I tried to enter my boxID into the config file in plain text, but that ended up with alot of errormessages in the webif status window
    I've read somewhere that i need to transform the boxID in some kind of way but cant find back to it :(

• Figured out the boxID stuff now, so now i got entitlements.

The webif reader status say:
    Readers 1/1
    0x277e370 r 1 viasat ON OFF 127.0.0.1 0 pcsc 17.08.12 10:57:12 00:15:31 0000:0000 no data 00:15:31 CARDOK (92 entitlements)

My test dreambox is connected aswell, but i dont get an image on my TV :(

Clients 1/1 (0 with ECM within last 15 seconds)
    c 1 sondre ON ON 10.0.0.82 3866 newcamd (CCcam) 17.08.12 11:02:42 00:11:23 0000:0000 00:11:23 OK

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!