VU+ Solo or DM 800 SE???

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,449 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi Guys

I really need your help and advice here....
    I am upgrading my TM 9100S to a HD box and I am hesitating between the VU+ Solo (Original) and the DM 800 SE (Clone)
    Both of them are offered for the same price; I know that the DM 800 SE has Built In Wifi + 400 Mhz processor + Internal Sata which the VU+ Solo does not have but I am not interested in having a Hard disk fitted + I am using a wired set up to my router so don't really need Wifi

What's most important to me is:

*Picture quality on HD channels
    *Remote response
    *Tuner sensitivity and how fast the box is

Any advice please?

Cheers

• Hi SuperSat,

I think the General Conscientious at the Moment is VU Rule lol!

Good Build Quality, Good Hardware and loads of add-ons, images and support to go with....all found on the forum!
    The Uno will give you Internal HDD option and the Duo will give you both that and dual tuners so you can record one and watch the other! so maybe worth a look?

I haven't used DM boxes yet as the Vu seem to be more than up to the job so no need yet lol!

Picture Quality on Vu range is Excellent, not sure if anything out there is better?
    Remote Response is Good, obviously loading times and starting plugins aside but flicking between channels e.t.c good enough!
    Don't really see problems with Tuner Sensitivity but i only use a fixed dish, and the speed of the box like above more than acceptable!

Have Fun choosing but you won't regret trying out Vu (and like a German Car hold there price well if you ever thought of selling it lol)

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Thank you Guys for the tips.
    As for the UNiBOX HD1, I can't find it on the forum shop, where can I buy it and what's the price range?
    I had a look at the specs and it's really good

Thanks again

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!