help with superhub

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,652 times. The last Post () by Banny.

• hi guys if anyone could help would be great i got a virgin media super hub the problem is i have acer 5315 laptop but i cannot connect wireless but a can connect via wired lan every other computer and wireless device can connect without a problem

• My friend had to call virgin last night they have updated the firmware again (R36) and everyone is having issues with wireless, id ring them make sure you get same story to be honest estimated fix is next Friday.

EDIT: Scrap that google: 'R36 Wireless Issues'

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• ex installer here for virgin

the hub is crap, but been forced onto one as on 100mb

the thing i hate is that i need 7 things hard wired:

et9200
    ps3
    tv
    lg dvd player
    laptop
    server
    printer

i hate that you an have wired or wireless settings on it. Thats it, so had to go non wireless, router to router and slows the speed a little on second router.

check if you have it set to modem mode or wireless

• I have for others, either picked up a cheap router or 2nd hand superhub flashed it with dd-wrt and changed the mac address so that for all intents and purposes its the same router as far as Virmin are aware, and should you need an engineer visit at any point.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• if you flash the router with a non vm flash ( for superhub) and a fault comes back out, you will be billed £250 for the router

• if you flash the router with a non vm flash ( for superhub) and a fault comes back out, you will be billed £250 for the router

Which is why you dont flash your router and get an alternative, or another vm superhub and flash that.

BpGgW.jpg

• all superhubs are owned by vm and even places that sell them are being clamped down on lol

do what i did, flashed the second router lol the dir 615

• all superhubs are owned by vm and even places that sell them are being clamped down on lol

do what i did, flashed the second router lol the dir 615

True, but they are still obtainable, ive got a couple here for an upcoming project.

BpGgW.jpg

• Something like that yeah.

BpGgW.jpg

• haxoware? for it eh? we all can bow down at that speed

• Its nothing more than the fact, that once iv done it that's it, time to try something else.

It doesn't look that difficult anyway, 220MB isn't fast (ofc it is, but not compared to what is available) virgin do 1GB lines now, but I would imagine you would need a mortgage with that bill.

BpGgW.jpg

• Have to say i had the same problems could connect wirelessly then next day couldnt gave up in the end put super hub into modem mode flashed dlink with ddwrt e4 not had a problem since

• Had the hub for 6mths after been forced to take it for a free upgrade this peice of hardware has not worked correctly since its release , i forced vermin to remove there faulty equipment via sales of goods act as amended 1979 fit for purpose you have to have lodged a complaint within the first 6mths of receiving and had a further 3 more to invoke this act , now you have to go threw alot of twats ti get to the CEO dept and force em to remove it

i just told em straight look yer shit no work in suppose ti be a superhub in if i wany working wifi i turn igt into modem only aye ryt then thats fit forpurpose get 2nd router in use that for wifi hmmmmm
    ok so they will say nothing to xchange with hmm ok then mr vermin CEO let me be crystal clear there is 3 options for u 1 replace it with ambit300 move bk ti dir615withDDwrt and we sorted
    2 ill buy a ambit300 from fleabay in u snd the hit and support it
    3 ill go buy a ambit300 , clone the hub n use the abit u wonty have a fcuk clue wits im usin as ill have my stock modem insitu but not on and just pull power in swap if u come round , also not im not stupid and would be in breach of contract and several laws that im sure you would want to charge me with but be aware ill take it ryt on the chin as ill be inviting newscorp to highlight that yer own substandard equipment has to be cloned n put back a few years old equipment to work properly and therefor fit for purpose in off course ill tell em exzactly how its done and ill make enough noise about it more poeple will know there is a way out from yer slashed shite only to get vpn n ddns away from end users !

now it worked for me on ambit300 with DIR615DDWrt all provided by vermin and still on 120mg anah there hub is worthless n after wit36 fw updates yah still come up wanting

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Can you explain that all again Honcho, but this time in English :english only1:

• Its the firmware R36, if you can survive or have a seperate router and want a new hub put it in modem mode, 9 times out of 10 they wont come back out, look on virgin forums people QQing like crazy

Virgin are sending me my second in a week ;)

Only problem I have is jtaging/downgrading em, need to find a tutorial, found the tool to do the job on flea bay for about £20, then I can do some research

Of course standard disclaimers apply

BpGgW.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!