VuPlus Ultimo - Repeatedly Crashing after Plugging Installation

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,003 times. The last Post () by nsharma.

• Hi,

I wonder if you can please help me with the VuPlus Ultimo receiver using factory VIX Image. I installed one of the Tunisasat Addon Manager/"Spinner" plugging (I think that is what it was called). The receiver restarted but now keeps on crashing, repeatedly after automatically rebooting. How can I resolve this problem? Last month, I did take a backup to the hard disk and was wondering how I can revert back to that?

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards.

• Hello bud,

If the box keeps crashing the best thing to do is to re-flash the image back on,when you have done this map your hard drive again and then restore the back-up you have made on the hard disk.

This should return your box back to normal.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• If you can login to the box via filezilla or something like search for the plugin and delete everything associated with it,this should stop the rebooting and you should be able to use the box as normal

• I tried via FTP renaming the folder wherever it exists, but this still did not work. I have used DreamToolbox VuEdition 4.5 for the backup. Am I correct that even though the receiver is rebooting I should be able to restore the backup settings?

Alternatively, how should I re-flash a later VIX Image or maybe even a BlackHole Image and restore the settings afterwards?

• Official Post

If you can access the menu on ViX image press Blue Button >> VIX >> Image Manager >> restore the backup image by pressing Yellow Button.

You can reflash, but if you choose a differant image than ViX you won`t be able to restore any of the old backup settings that were saved by the ViX image manager.

Reflashing isn`t as big a task as you might think, a new image only takes a few minutes to load and when you have TSPanel for channel lists, Cams etc, you can have a fresh install in 10 minutes or less.

• I tried via FTP renaming the folder wherever it exists, but this still did not work. I have used DreamToolbox VuEdition 4.5 for the backup. Am I correct that even though the receiver is rebooting I should be able to restore the backup settings?

Alternatively, how should I re-flash a later VIX Image or maybe even a BlackHole Image and restore the settings afterwards?

Easiet way to correct those is fresh flash-image installation, I tested Blackhole 1.7.6, OpenPLI 3.0 and last one is VTI 4.1.
    VTI 4.1 has all inside of images, all others need some special work to do if you watching pay channels. Ultimo with VTI 4.1 is stabile and easy to use.

• Hi,

I installed this Spinner pluggin and the receiver restarted and this is where my issue began. The receiver reboot was hanging and hence prevented any direct access apart from FTP. I tried a renaming the various Spinner files-directory via FTP, but this did not work either. In the end, I resorted to re-flashing with a different the image since I could not even access the backup.

At the moment, I am experimenting with the VIX 2.496 and BH 1.76 images. After a re-flash, the BH allows the restore of the saved tuners (x3) satellite positions, etc. However, the VIX does not offer a restore of the settings but instead messes up the 3 tuners assignments-order, etc. As per your kind suggestion, I wil also try the VTI image.

With kind regards.

VU+ ULTIMO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!