argh!!! why do fecking professional satellite installers insist on using crap!!!

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 867 times. The last Post () by ppdon.

• having a wee rant!!!!!!!!!!!

why do fecking satellite installers insist on using crimp f connectors!!!!!!!! especially in scotland where is pisses of rain near enough every other day!!!

it is now pissing of rain and i have 0 snr grr

• Is it an Avonline install by any chance :snicker:

Commercial companies use Crimp on F connectors because they are cheap. There is nothing wrong with using them externally as long as they are malged up which usually doesn't happen.

Just keep ringing the company responsible for the block until they sort it out. They will eventually sort it out just to get rid of you.

Nano

• i used compressed f`s from my telewest virgin days and no probs at all, the screw type are shit

• apparantly crimping f connectors affects to signal a wee bit so i figured why the hell do they use em.

My mate had em and i put compression f connectors on and hes say both his snr and the other signal bar were alot higher than usual

• I use cablecon waterproof snap and seal connectors, no problems with them even in heavy rain lol

• i have the old blue ones and sliver and gold

my dish at front 8 way lnb is 100% s and 97 q

the other dish, is a little low but is a 90cm, 100% and 87

all on silver type

• Installed correctly there should be no issue with any kind of F connection ¬ The main problem with "crimp" style F connections and professional installers is the belief they're waterproof ?
    amalgamating tape should be used on all external connections be it a CB diapole or satellite LnB ¬ Any pro that doesn't carry amalgamating tape isn't worthy of the "professional" status !

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• That 10 minute shower we got yesterday (in Liverpool) hit my dishes big time. I found my zone 2 couldn't cope with it 0% snr, so I swung me 1.2mtr around to 28e & that struggled with a snr of around 45%. That was some rain...

• That 10 minute shower we got yesterday (in Liverpool) hit my dishes big time. I found my zone 2 couldn't cope with it 0% snr, so I swung me 1.2mtr around to 28e & that struggled with a snr of around 45%. That was some rain...

That was a bit more than a shower, i could'nt get anything at all..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!