Eaglebox vs DM500S

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,136 times. The last Post () by Antepenultim8.

• I have a few dm500s, paid £40-50 for them. i see you can get a hd eaglebox for less than £50. Is it worthwhile buying a hd eaglebox over a dm500s. I found the dream box 500 very reliable, easy to setup and just a real good quality box at a modest price...

But HD at the same price is tempting..

• An EagleBox HD shouldn't be confused with the original Eagle SD Linux based receiver, as mentioned it's closed source - that said though it's a very big jump to say you wouldn't choose the HD version over the SD! It all depends on what you want from the receiver, if you want SD and Linux E1 based and what that offers (and if you've owned them before you'll no doubt already know what that is) then the old SD Eagle receiver (or DM500 clones) are fine, if you want full HD, support for CCcam/Newcamd as client, media playback, multi-CAS card reader with no setup required (other than loading one single patch) and one that card read your offical viewing card even without the need to enter a boxkey on our popular UK card then the EagleBox HD represents fantastic value... The lack of channel editor or pre-made lists is a bit of a downside true, but look at it as £45 for an HD receiver with all this offers!!!

• I would happily buy the eaglebox, regardless that it is closed source. I am just wondering if the box is stable. It has hd, cccam, pause and record but can it perform these functions well.

Channel list is not a big deal, sure could make my own, only have to do it once...

• Channel list is not a big deal, sure could make my own, only have to do it once...

i assure you you won't do it just ONCE
    even when you think you've done it

this box comes back to haunt you again and again without explaination it just does

it fools me
    and you must be a fool to have one
    im fooled

i would have the dm500, magicbox, eaglebox v1 SD

but not this one

parabéns cr7 & moliveira88

Μπρέντφορντ Φ.Σ

RIP Vangelis Papathanassiou

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!