Channels - Tuner Assignment Loss

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 624 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hi,

Using BH176 on a Vu Plus Ultimo receiver (1TB hard disk), (motorised Quad LNB via VBoxII) with triple tuners (S/S2). Once tuner A is setup, tuner B is set as a loop through, tuner c as a second cable of motorised LNB. The dish is pointing at 19.2E Astra 1, it appears that I am loosing channels being displayed on screen, apart from BBC. I noticed that the flashing Satellite Dish symbol and the viewed channel as no assigned tuner? I have re-programmed the satellite positions of the VBoxII many times, but this has not solved the problem. Why is this happening? Do the tuner drivers need updating or I am missing something out? Does this receiver need a hard reset everytime there are changes to the system, in order to recognise them?

I have considered using the VIX 3042 image, but do not know how to install the pluggins from a USB stick?

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards,

• Is this how you have always had it set up on other images? - and did you have the same issues? - if you have tuner b as a loopthrough then i am assuming you just have 2 feeds, so this behaviour would be expected if you are trying to view something on tuner b that is on a different transponder to what tuner a was last tuned to. The tuners work on a priority basis, A-B-C - so I would suggest setting up first feed on tuner A, second feed on tuner B - and if you are doing a loopthrough then use C for this. It might work better this way. With no experience of this set up I can't confirm this but as I understand, this should work better.

I have considered using the VIX 3042 image, but do not know how to install the pluggins from a USB stick?

news to me - images generally have an addons feed, you can install via ftp or using an addons panel such as tspanel - there is much info on this on the forum

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Regarding the installation setup, yes, that's correct and all seemed OK.. Before all this, I had the factory installed VIX image (Dec 2011) which crashed due to the Spinner pluggin. If available, maybe I should revert back to that image.

Thanks for your suggestion of rearranging the tuner configuration and will update on the results, even though my current tuner configuration issue is intermittent.

• It appears that the reason behind this tuner issue is that somehow the satellite-LNB configuration had reverted to unconfigured for the remainder of the other 2 tuners. Reassigning them back cured the issue. However, I have also applied the suggested tuner configuration scenario.

• There are probably several ways to have your tuners set up - the way you watch tv and record tv will dictate what is the best way to configure things, so long as the way it is set works for your setup. I am sure there are arguments against my suggestion, and if your previous setup wasn't the cause of your current issue, then you may still find it works better for you - so long as you understand how the system prioritises tuners....

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!