Can the box do, what I am looking for?

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,776 times. The last Post () by ergo.

• Hi, I am thinking of purchasing this machine instead of building a HTPC but I am a Sat-newbee. I am looking to do the following:

- watch pictures and DIVX/XVID/DVD videos via an external USB DVD drive (if seen a plugin in for E2) with subtitles e.g. *.srt
    - record directly on my USB DVD recorder from a HDD
    - use a bluetooth device like a keyboard, I have an USB dongle
    - use any wireless keyboard
    - receive/record streams from the BBC iPlayer, e.g. via XBMC's BBC iPlayer plugin or Youtube website or Airplayer or BBC Bigscreen website, if this is not possible will it become possible once a HTML5 version is available
    - receive email or facebook notifications on the front panel display in standby mode
    - listen to satellite radio and internet radio (will flash streams work with Opera Flash Lite) without switching the TV on/off
    - watch German, Italian as well as UK SatTV (I am based in the UK)
    - cut out adverts on recorded programmes automatically either during recording or afterwards
    - access the box from the WAN, either to stream from or to the box, or copy material onto HDD
    - use the keypad of an android phone (e.g. samsung galaxy mini) to type messages, google, or flip channels

Also,
    - how does channel switching compare to other machines
    - is the third tuner always a combo T/C
    - are video recordings done in *.TS, if so can the easily be converted into mp4
    - what is the format of radio recordings
    - will an external HDD go into a low power mode when a recording is scheduled
    - when a recording is scheduled will the USB wake a HDD that is in deep-mode
    - is it worth getting this machine at all with what I am looking for or would you recommend me getting stand-alone machines, e.g. streamer, sat receiver, dvd player etc.
    - can you upgrade the machine with ram or processing power?

Many thanks.

• What's this 20 Questions? Ask me one beginning with 'S'

You ask for so much detailed information but don't take the time to Read the Rules and make an Introduction to the Forum?

http://linuxsat-support.com/introductions/

Doesn't feel like a FAIR deal to me?

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Sorry for rushing just into this.

I guess I should ask, does "S"omeone know if you can play/record DVDs via an USB DVD-Writer with the Amiko Alien 2 and if streaming of content from the BBC iPlayer is possible with this machine. I had asked Amiko but did not receive an answer. Thanks for sharing this info with me.

• ...to be continued...

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!