The reason payservers are NOT welcome

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,415 times. The last Post () by Sandman.

• Official Post

The above was shamelessly stolen from ECS btw.

So make £10,000 out of running a payserver but providing you are good for 2 years all you need to do is 180 hours unpaid work, what king of feckin message does that send out..........CUNTS!!!

• Greedy fuckers got what they deserved don't start me off with ECS either total bunch on wankers

• be nice if these two had been caught out from selling there wares on a well known auction site but i doubt it.
    it's rife on there but the powers that be seem to have little interest in stopping it happening yet try to sell something like a nannox/spiderbox and its pulled before you have time to list it:confuse:

• It would be interesting to know more information about this case because it is a bit vague, but it does sound similar to a case a couple of years ago where receivers were being sold with 'gifts'. There are a lot of people cropping up who are trying to get things set up for 'friends and family' - and I think that these people especially should be taking note of this, as if you are sharing one sly sub to a number of people, you could be seen in the same light, regardless if you are selling the receiver or not. The figures here are £10,000 - which is a small amount for sly to be concerned with, so the chances are, this was probably discovered by the authorities by chance rather than after an investigation. I think this does highlight that even those who are not profiting from sharing could still be seen as the cause of a loss by the provider, perhaps if they can argue that those who the service was shared with would otherwise have subscribed legitimately.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I have even noticed friends of friends on Fb advertising 'cheap sly'.

This forum has also seen a huge influx of new members. Not saying this is a bad thing but it certainly makes you think.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

• YEAH! friends of friends.... I'm sure every pay-server out there tries that one at first... The only difference is that these guys were caught before they really took the piss..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Interesting wording...they cost sly £10k....I wonder if they actually made any money on it?!

Exactly my thoughts - it states the £10,000 8 month loss to sly, which implies that this loss is down to loss of subscription charges that would have been gained if the people who shared with them had otherwise subscribed to sly. Would these people have subscribed to sly if there wasn't an alternative? Maybe not - so firstly, how can sly suggest that this is a loss? Secondly, there is no mention of profit gained by those prosecuted, so were they actually payservers at all, or were they just helping out their friends and family by sharing their card?

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Exactly my thoughts - it states the £10,000 8 month loss to sly, which implies that this loss is down to loss of subscription charges that would have been gained if the people who shared with them had otherwise subscribed to sly. Would these people have subscribed to sly if there wasn't an alternative? Maybe not - so firstly, how can sly suggest that this is a loss? Secondly, there is no mention of profit gained by those prosecuted, so were they actually payservers at all, or were they just helping out their friends and family by sharing their card?

indeed Muso! 25 people at £50 / month....We could all do that with family and friends if we really wanted to....is this the start of prosecuting the little man?

I think people really need to be confirming (at the very least) their peers don't have Sly broadband....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!