WRT54GS Router

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,805 times. The last Post () by Banny.

• I got this router as it come highly recommend, but my initial opinion of it is not brilliant, it doesn't even support dhcp reservations....

im thinking of getting rid and getting a different router and just flashing it with dd-wrt

Has anyone else any experience with this router?

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Ive got loads of junk haha

Dont get me started on that.

Run oscam off a router? Now im confused....

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• You have more faith in me than I do... :still_dreaming:

BpGgW.jpg

• This is making my head hurt, as im not seeing any practical reason for using a router to run oscam.

BpGgW.jpg

• Ok did some digging into this, and then I got totally lost, I did get a better understanding of OSCam out of it though.

What I was hoping to do was be able to use DHCP Reservation, and setup a vpn of some sort, well two possibly and depending on which device depends on which vpn it uses.

So for example
    Widows pc, PS3 could use American based ip
    Linux laptop uk, duo stb uk based ip

Any suggestions which firmware I could use as a base, and still stick oscam on top, or am I askng too much... lol

Also how would i connect the omnikeys to the router?

BpGgW.jpg

• Well I decided to upgrade it to the DD-WRT firmware, but it didn't go so good.

I tried to follow -

Code
    http://www.bitsum.com/openwiking/owbase/WRT54G5_CFE/

The browser said failed, a few times then I couldn't even get the Management Mode page back on.

Anyone got any pointers? Ill come back to this at some point

BpGgW.jpg

• Mine is V5.1

BpGgW.jpg

• Lol I went in at deep end (Bottom of your link as the 5 n 5.1 can have reclaim the memory), and ive alreaady started that method. im hoping it will let me do it this way
    y.

BpGgW.jpg

• Typical the link to the 'this is good information' is broken

BpGgW.jpg

• Success -

Code
    http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/unbrick-trashed-linksys-router/

Or rather a variation of....

BpGgW.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!