twin tuner card sharing sat box

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,739 times. The last Post () by rockett1001.

• Hi i'm looking for a twin tuner sat box that has s*y + functions like recording and series link and also does card sharing
    Does anyone know of a box that does this???

• There's a varity of boxes/receivers that meet you needs, the functionaility and series link e.t.c will be down to the image or plugins you use!

The most common and IMO the best receivers out there at the moment are the Vu range, you would look at a Duo for the Dual Tuners! The Vu's are excellent bits of kit with Great support here...just a bit pricey but
    worth the investment, this will also allow you to share if you have it setup correctly all of which is covered in the forum!

Image wise, IMO and from what you stated i would look at the Vix image...Mrs Proof, Easy to use, Great EPG, and Timer and Autotimer(similar to series link) works well and you can add to it by using plugins e.t.c!

Head over to our sponsor to get a rough idea of whats out there and the prices and come back if you need anymore help

Sat-Shop.co.uk - Sat-Shop.co.uk Online Satellite and Electronics Store from Lavatronics

You want a Dual Tuner and Enigma2 box...this will give you the functionality from the box you want and the system (enigma2) to use all the goodies (Images and Plugins) that are mentioned in the Forum!

Hope it all helps buddy, but Vu is the way! :snicker:

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Hi mrgmx does the recording function work by setting up a daily or weekly time slot, but if the program is moved out by a half an hour - cos of a match, etc - is the box smart enough to cop it, or is it purely based on time and not the program info from the epg.

• I think with Vix you have the most amount of scope/otptions!

You can set a program to record be selecting it (add Timer) from say EPG 2 days in the future and it will record that exact one, it will also give you some settings/options that may help!

The add Autotimer works similar to series link....kinda!

You can set a wide varity of scenerios that it will pickup from!

Example Kiddy loves Ratamouse lol

With the add Autotimer you can set
    Name - Rastamouse
    Channel - Cbeebies
    Day - Day you select or any
    Time - 16:30 - 17:00
    Exact Match - Match Title

So by enabling/disabling these you can set a wide varity of options for it to look for.....when OK it will return the amount of times it picked it up in EPG!
    I can get Rastamouse to record ANYDAY on CBEEBIES between the time i know a new episode will be shown at 16:30-17:00

Just bare in mind this way may pickup repeats e.t.c so you need to set it as exact as you can or just delete anything that may be a duplicate!

Hope it helps!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Yes do want mrgmx says Vu+ duo is a gr8 box & well supported. Personally I use the Vix image. u'l not be disappointed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!